BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 13, 2012 6:28 pm  #1141

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

SusiGo wrote:

When you watch "Tatort" on TV because some people on the forum wrote that the last episode reminded them of Sherlock. And in the first scene the slightly disturbed investigator is pounding like a madman with a baseball bat on a car wreck in order to prove something. It somehow reminded me of the riding crop.
And then they always show the Dortmund skyline with fast-moving clouds and in changing daylight which is a bit Sherlock, too. 

Only this time it wasn't that Sherlockish, alas 

When you sit next to your better half on the sofa in the holiday flat and you watch Sherlock for the umpteenth time, and your better half keeps turning the red pillow between you both round and round 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 13, 2012 6:31 pm  #1142

Hm, so you think I'll have to watch the first one, too? German television seems to be Sherlocked, too. The last House episode is called "Reichenbachfall".

Red cushion: LOL I hope you were appropriately dressed.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 13, 2012 6:43 pm  #1143

LOL, I was 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 13, 2012 6:45 pm  #1144

Don't worry, I'm not going to ask if you were Sherlock or John.   

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 14, 2012 4:17 am  #1145

@Topic

When you're tempted to make a Sherlock Rangoli on Diwali rather than the traditional Rangoli designs. It was Diwali in India yesterday and I almost thought of making it but then I thought my parents and the guests are going to think that this 29 year old has gone crazy! 
(Rangoli is a decorative design made on the floors of living rooms and courtyards. They're usually simple geometric shapes, deity impressions, flower and petal shapes, made using special rangoli colors, colored rice powder, flowers etc)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

November 14, 2012 7:12 am  #1146

monitaa wrote:

..............but then I thought my parents and the guests are going to think that this 29 year old has gone crazy! 

Well..... haven't you?? 

Those traditional Rangoli designs sound nice and beautiful, I would like to see some pics from it - even if it's without Sherlock now because you didn't daaaaaare...... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 14, 2012 7:19 am  #1147

Mattlocked wrote:

Well..... haven't you?? 

Those traditional Rangoli designs sound nice and beautiful, I would like to see some pics from it - even if it's without Sherlock now because you didn't daaaaaare...... 

Hehehe Of course I am.. but not many outside this forum know about this major fact of my life.. ;)

I posted my rangoli photos here in the festival thread.. http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=2150 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

November 14, 2012 7:21 am  #1148

SusiGo wrote:

When you watch "Tatort" on TV because some people on the forum wrote that the last episode reminded them of Sherlock. And in the first scene the slightly disturbed investigator is pounding like a madman with a baseball bat on a car wreck in order to prove something. It somehow reminded me of the riding crop.
And then they always show the Dortmund skyline with fast-moving clouds and in changing daylight which is a bit Sherlock, too. 

Oh, I noticed all that, too! The baseball thing......  Are we sick? Naaah..... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 14, 2012 7:23 am  #1149

No, we aren't, just Sherlocked. No problem. 

November 14, 2012 9:26 am  #1150

.. or when you say you're in your thinking palace.. visualizing your math theoroms before your exam
or when you enjoy solving puzzles without realizing what's at stake..
or when you realize that two of your collegues are having an affair by the perfume they both have on..
or decide to wear formals - with plain shirts on weekends to work..
or not to go to work because you're just too bored !
or refusing assignments at work calling them dull or boring.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" When you've eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable it might seem, must be the truth."
- SH

November 15, 2012 10:10 am  #1151

When a simple sentence like "Deduction, I imagine" in the book you're translation makes you happy. 

November 16, 2012 7:51 am  #1152

When you hear Skyfall by Adele and you get Reichenbach feels...

November 16, 2012 7:55 am  #1153

If you watch Skyfall you will get even more of those! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 16, 2012 8:39 am  #1154

Davina wrote:

Definitely. I had Reichenbach feelings all the time, e.g. every time Ben Whishaw appeared on screen. 

November 16, 2012 11:34 am  #1155

When you ponder during your massage hour if you could make her play the Sherlock soundtrack, instead of this wellness music stuff....

November 16, 2012 11:35 am  #1156

LOL
When you happen upon the word "deduction" and at once think of a consulting detective. 

November 16, 2012 4:03 pm  #1157

SusiGo wrote:

Davina wrote:

Definitely. I had Reichenbach feelings all the time, e.g. every time Ben Whishaw appeared on screen. 

November 16, 2012 5:23 pm  #1158

Surely anything would be better than ' wellness' music?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 16, 2012 5:25 pm  #1159

Of course    I only wonder how a Sherlock music inspired massage would look like 

November 16, 2012 5:32 pm  #1160

Davina: Thank you so much, want to make me sad again? 

Harriet: Er, I think it would be quite distracting to say the least.

Board footera