BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2012 12:48 pm  #1

What is your favourite episode?

I've got to say Reichenbach, even though it's so emotional, it's just so well done...

I also really like Study in Pink because it's where John and Sherlock meet, love that bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 8, 2012 6:10 pm  #2

Re: What is your favourite episode?

Sherlock and irene love that episode it was different x

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 9, 2012 4:25 am  #3

I'm torn between Scandal & Reichenbach; I think Scandal mostly, but of course Reichenbach is still 'ongoing'.
My least favourite is Baskerville; it's very 'Dr Who-ish' and I am no fan of that show sorry to say! (Granted I have never watched an episode since the late 70's, but the concept is just one I couldn't get interested in.)

Series One I would say Study in Pink first, Great Game second and Blind Banker a long way to third.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 10, 2012 5:06 pm  #4

The Great Game or Reinchenbach fall. They are both very dramatic episodes, i just love that ^^ But A Study in Pink is really funny to.
It is hard to just chose one, they are all GREAT! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 10, 2012 5:25 pm  #5

I have to say that right now my favorite is SE1 'Scandal in Belgravia'. Second favorite is 'Reichenbach Fall' I've only watched it once though, cried like a baby afterward.

February 12, 2012 11:33 am  #6

Reichenbach has to be my favorite there was just so much emotion in that episode that it broke my heart in the end. My other favorite has to be study in pink. It had so many great lines in it.

Sherlock Holmes: Shut up everybody, shut up! Don't move, don't speak, don't breathe, I'm trying to think. Anderson, face the other way, you're putting me off.

February 12, 2012 2:02 pm  #7

All!! but i am in love with the last one Moriarty was a great nemesis, but i was litterily crying when Sherlock made his note (call) and when he fell

February 12, 2012 9:04 pm  #8

This is a really hard choice. Study in Pink was really good with all the establishment of characters, setting etc. The Blind Banker-Sign of Four- had good connections to original ACD stories. The Great Game was excellent especially for the appearance of Moriarty having introduced him in the previous episodes. Scandal in Belgravia was great and had some great lines, The Hounds of the Baskerville was good to watch and had a lot of scary psychological moments in it, The Reichenbach Fall was fantastically well structured and acted throughout.

Hmmm. Overall, I would say that The Reichenbach Fall is my favourite although it is literally painful to watch it more than once because of knowing what happens. Watching it the first time was actually quite traumatic.

Generally great scripts, excellent production especially sets, costume and photography and superb acting from the whole cast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 13, 2012 3:37 am  #9

Oh I feel terrible. I didn't cry watching Reichenbach!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 13, 2012 11:27 am  #10

I didn't cry either, I was just completely glued to the screen and couldn't move...and then when it finished I was like "woah".

February 29, 2012 9:19 pm  #11

Watching Great Game again at the moment...a brilliant episode. And what a cliffhanger!

November 2, 2012 5:17 pm  #12

The Reichenbach Fall is definitely my favorite. I love them all, as they all have those great little moments that build the relationship between Sherlock and John, which are my favorite thing, but Reichenbach is so powerful and gut wrenching. I totally agree with Davina that watching it the first time was quite traumatic for me as well. And, it still kills me every time I see it, even though I know it by heart.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 2, 2012 5:21 pm  #13

At first I couldn't decide at all. Then I thought it was Scandal. But then again there's not enough Moriarty in it. So maybe Reichenbach.... ah, I don't know. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 2, 2012 5:55 pm  #14

Defo Reichenbach for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 2, 2012 6:50 pm  #15

My favourite episode is The Hounds of Baskerville. Not the best in terms of quality, but still my favourite. I have always loved horror and mystery films and it reminds me of the old X-Files series. I also like how it appears a bit "overdone", not taking itself too seriously. And it has so many funny and emotional moments.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

November 14, 2012 8:13 am  #16

The episode where they introduce Sherlock's equal and opposite is just fascinating.
So it has to be The Great Game.. The way Sherlock and Moriarty play is just awesome.

I like it better than the Reichenbach Fall. The last one got a little too personal and close for the two of them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" When you've eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable it might seem, must be the truth."
- SH

November 14, 2012 5:06 pm  #17

Reichenbach is definitely my fave...
Hate to be a pedant, but shouldn't it be:  Which is your fave episode?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 28, 2012 11:13 am  #18

Scandal in Belgravia, it's awesome... the best love scene I've ever seen. Not many love words, but the the look on their face, says it all. The love, the hurt.

Irene Adler: Oh dear god, look at the poor man. You don't actually think I was interested in you? Why? Because you're the great Sherlock Holmes? The clever detective in the funny hat?
Sherlock: No. Because I took your pulse. Elevated. Your pupils dilated.

December 23, 2012 1:51 am  #19

Scandal in Belgravia has to be my number one, it is amazingly done, and the bit with the vatican cameos is my favorite scene in the entire two series, closely followed by the Reichenbach Fall and any scene with the PSoS in it 

"That's what people DO!"

January 11, 2013 9:18 pm  #20

Ok, here's my ranking list:

1. A Scandal in Belgravia
2. The Reichenbach Fall
3. A Study in Pink
4. The Hound of Baskerville
5. The Great Game
6. The Blind Banker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera