BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 13, 2012 9:02 am  #1

Break in at the Tower of London

Has anyone read/heard about the real life break in at the Tower of London? I just heard it on the radio.

Apparently someone jumped over several gates and stole some keys... though police say there was no real danger of the crown jewels being stolen... 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

November 13, 2012 2:50 pm  #2

Re: Break in at the Tower of London

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20296292

It wasn´t in the news here in Germany, at least not on the radio.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 13, 2012 8:56 pm  #3

I knew Moriarty was real! The break-in obviously had no class, whatsoever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 13, 2012 9:26 pm  #4

horserider99 wrote:

I knew Moriarty was real! The break-in obviously had no class, whatsoever.

Definitely. No opera music, no diamond, no style. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 13, 2012 10:21 pm  #5

And he didn't get to wear the crown jewels....what a shame!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 15, 2012 12:23 am  #6

Just a Moriarty wannabee then - not the real deal! I bet he didn't even have a London hat on. *tut tut*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 15, 2012 3:28 pm  #7

And nothing from Pentonville Prison or the Bank of England? Moriaity would be appalled.

But seriously, awesome coincidence, though not so much for the people who run the place I suppose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

November 17, 2012 6:02 pm  #8

I  never heard of it.   But there IS a story  behind those keys.....each night,  an invisible Moriarty  takes them  form the guard who's going off duty,  and then  he is SUPPOSED to pass them  to the guard who comes ON duty.   Hmmmm...maybe this night  Moriarty  couldn't get there on time?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera