BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 20, 2012 6:28 pm  #21

Re: House

What's not to like about Jesse?

Funnily enough they just rebroadcast his dealing with killing Darth Vader here - best part of his character's growth I thought.

Only two more days to go!!

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 20, 2012 6:32 pm  #22

Aww.. I love House and missed this season because it slowed down..but recording last two episodes.. will not be able to watch them til 2 weeks time.. *feels*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

May 22, 2012 5:40 am  #23

Ahh,  that was a finale!   Goodbye House!   

May 22, 2012 6:13 am  #24

CarlPowers wrote:

Ahh,  that was a finale!   Goodbye House!   

I'm about to watch it now; shall be back when I am gobsmacked no doubt!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 22, 2012 7:17 am  #25

I loved it!
The good.
The bad.
The sad.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 22, 2012 7:56 am  #26

I know!   

May 22, 2012 8:03 am  #27

***MAJOR SPOILER WARNING***

Does leave a few *openings* for the future though doesn't it?
When I was watching it I thought 'Oh no don't .....'
Didn't take long for me to start laughing.

oh but I cried a bit too.
Well just teared up, but hey I didn't cry through Reichenbach, so how can ya judge huh?

Last edited by kazza474 (May 22, 2012 9:53 am)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 22, 2012 9:24 am  #28

***MAJOR SPOILER WARNING***

a wee bit Reichenbachian in fact!   had me so grinning by the big fat end!

Last edited by kazza474 (May 22, 2012 9:54 am)

May 22, 2012 1:58 pm  #29

I went silly and stayed up far too long with wine so I could see it.

Good news is that I get to see it afresh almost without any memory of how it went.

The 'Swan Song' piece Hugh did just before it was very good - I remember that well.

-m0r

May 23, 2012 3:00 am  #30

Right spoiler time for those who haven't seen it

*****************look away now please********************

House 'got me' with the coming back from the dead thing. Whenever the phone at the funeral went I immediately clocked that it was Gregory, but up and until that point thought they'd done away with him in a very poignant way.

Leaving Foreman that clue was also a very sweet thing for him to do - let you know there was more to their relationship than mere mockery from House.

The final shot starting from Hugh's face (You know what he was doing!) all the way to that excellent roaming camera going after the bikes was very impressive (And they played Louis Prima too who I'm a big fan of).

Only pestering thing is that there was no Cuddy (She was mentioned though) - the finale still worked well but had me thinking poorly of Lisa for not showing up.

And so that's it - House is over, long live Chase!

******************Finished!*****************************

-m0r

May 23, 2012 3:16 am  #31

Yeah I was waiting for a twist & that one was all I could think of.
Damned if I know how he could have switched those records; could be a whole episode on its own, lol.

And yes, the last images of him & Wilson are how I'd like to remember them.
Was a shame about Cuddy and boy did my memory get a workout over some of the others! lol

Of course I didn't get to see the first hour, may have to look online for it also or wait till it comes out here in a month or so.

Got thanks Mor, was just coming back to fix things.

Last edited by kazza474 (May 23, 2012 3:39 am)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 25, 2012 5:23 pm  #32

It was on Sky last  night and I managed to record it. Hopefully I will get to watch it this weekend, or next, if no-one decides to erase it in between times!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 6, 2012 2:33 pm  #33

Was watching House the other night and it involved a dominatrix. You don't think that the writers of Sherlock might have been influenced by this do you?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 6, 2012 3:28 pm  #34

British parliament under Tory rule can provide infinitely more wonders than David Shore Davina.

I was 50/50 with Irene being a dominatrix but then I thought of all the headlines which often appear regarding men of influence within Britain and bought right into it.

-m0r

June 27, 2012 6:26 am  #35

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I've never actually seen it, but I read somewhere that House was supposed to be like a medical Sherlock Holmes and that he has an assistant whose name is similar to John Watson...anyone know anything about that? Is that true?

There are a ton of similarities between House and Holmes. (Say it out loud, it helps. ) His assistant's name is James Wilson, also lives at 221B, only has one friend (Wilson), does not play the violin but does play the piano. His attitude ('Everyone but me is an idiot') is also a lot like Sherlock. He gets bored easily, takes Vicodin instead of nicotine, diagnoses patients that no one else can, rejects 'boring' cases, uses... unconventional... methods, and much more.
Here's a link to a video comparing the two.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXpyCa9IcEM
You Sherlockians probably already know this, but I only found out a little while ago that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle based Holmes off of a real doctor- Dr. Joseph Bell.

EDIT: I forgot a big one! In one of the episodes, a crazy guy has House at gunpoint. The man's name is, of course, Moriarty.

Last edited by The Skull (June 27, 2012 8:28 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

June 27, 2012 9:42 am  #36

I loved most of the characters but I think the show started to drag on half-way through. I like the final episode how they made it a bit ambiguous and mythical. House is one hell of a character, and I thought he was great. The show just went on for a few seasons too long.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

August 6, 2012 5:16 am  #37

Excellent article here

"...series creator David Shore, has volunteered to also solve — or at least address — the episode’s biggest mysteries."

Was the homage to Sherlock Holmes famously faking his death intentional?
From the moment we had the idea, I was aware that that’s what Arthur Conan Doyle did and that did tickle me. We didn’t say, “That’s what Sherlock Holmes did — we should do that."

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

November 8, 2012 9:30 am  #38

Keeping eyes averted from everything you've written in order not to spoil the last episodes that are shown over here until 4 December.
Just read saw in Germany the final one's titled "Reichenbachfall". 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 13, 2012 8:45 pm  #39

SusiGo wrote:

Keeping eyes averted from everything you've written in order not to spoil the last episodes that are shown over here until 4 December.
Just read saw in Germany the final one's titled "Reichenbachfall". 

Seriously?! 
If that is going to be nearly as traumatizing I'm not sure if I want to watch it...
no, kidding, now I really want to watch it!

November 13, 2012 9:18 pm  #40

Yes, seriously. The English title was different, however. Nearly fainted when I read it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera