BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 13, 2012 2:13 pm  #1

Where I do Sherlock

Thanks to Mattlocked's hint I bought a Union Jack box in a local furniture shop and had the idea to show you where I'm usually sitting while being on the forum (apart from travelling with my laptop which accompanies me everywhere). And, yes, sometimes I'm doing real work here, too. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 13, 2012 5:47 pm  #2

Re: Where I do Sherlock

SusiGo wrote:

Thanks to Mattlocked's hint I bought a Union Jack box in a local furniture shop and had the idea to show you where I'm usually sitting while being on the forum (apart from travelling with my laptop which accompanies me everywhere). And, yes, sometimes I'm doing real work here, too. 

Oh, what a nice corner! I wish I had mine, too   .
And that pile of papers on the desk, is it related to Sherlock as well? 

Tout peut arriver dans la vie, et surtout rien.

November 13, 2012 5:53 pm  #3

No, that's the book I'm translating at the moment (Lighthouse Bay by Kimberley Wilkins). 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 13, 2012 5:55 pm  #4

Yeah on an old forum of mine, we had a brilliant:  'what I can see from where I'm sitting ' thread
I am on my little 2 seater settee in the living room, TV on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 13, 2012 6:00 pm  #5

SusiGo wrote:

No, that's the book I'm translating at the moment (Lighthouse Bay by Kimberley Wilkins). 

A joke, obviously.
Are you a translator from/into English? It´s a job it attracted me a lot once.

November 13, 2012 6:08 pm  #6

I translate from English into German, mostly novels of all kinds. I always wanted to to this and I'm quite happy with it. That's also the reason why you'll find me constantly logged into this forum. I'm just sitting there and write about Sherlock instead of doing my work. 
And of course all of you will have deduced by now that I'm left-handed. 

Last edited by SusiGo (November 13, 2012 6:09 pm)

November 13, 2012 6:18 pm  #7

This is how you would find me right now - sitting cross-legged in front of my laptop on my sofa (the Mattlocked side.. )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 13, 2012 6:21 pm  #8

SusiGo wrote:

I translate from English into German, mostly novels of all kinds. I always wanted to to this and I'm quite happy with it. That's also the reason why you'll find me constantly logged into this forum. I'm just sitting there and write about Sherlock instead of doing my work. 
And of course all of you will have deduced by now that I'm left-handed. 

Thanks. It´s wonderful to work on something you´ve always wanted to.

November 13, 2012 8:52 pm  #9

tobeornot221b wrote:

This is how you would find me right now - sitting cross-legged in front of my laptop on my sofa (the Mattlocked side.. )

Memory
All alone in the moonlight
I can smile at the old days
I was beautiful then
I remember a time I knew what happiness was
Let the memory live again

Lalalala.................

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 13, 2012 9:00 pm  #10

I never knew that you could sing so beautifully, Mattlocked. Brings tears to my eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 13, 2012 11:11 pm  #11

This is such a cool idea!

Here is where I sit every day and night, at my large desk with my laptop, TV and skull:

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 14, 2012 1:08 am  #12

I like the scarf in the background.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 14, 2012 7:17 am  #13

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

This is such a cool idea!

Here is where I sit every day and night, at my large desk with my laptop, TV and skull:

Wow, our forum and RDJ simultaneously, that's real good taste. 

November 14, 2012 7:31 am  #14

And the Cluedo...nice one!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 14, 2012 10:55 am  #15

Haha yeah. My room is pretty Sherlocked.

November 14, 2012 11:21 am  #16

@Sherlock Holmes
Woww..i can't believe ur keeping a skull too :D
Is it real or a plastic one

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

November 14, 2012 6:58 pm  #17

It's not real, but it's definitely not plastic I don't think, because it's really heavy. You could definitely knock someone out with it.

November 15, 2012 1:54 am  #18

My husband completely dominates the upstairs office, so I'm forced to 'Sherlock' at the dining room table.  Notice I keep my research close at hand - as well as my favorite English toffees (thanks tobe!) and my perpetual dinner guest, Stumpy the Boston Bruin hockey bear

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 15, 2012 7:38 am  #19

Now this looks very comfy, KP. And a PINK mouse. 

November 15, 2012 5:17 pm  #20

KeepersPrice wrote:

My husband completely dominates the upstairs office, so I'm forced to 'Sherlock' at the dining room table.  Notice I keep my research close at hand - as well as my favorite English toffees (thanks tobe!) and my perpetual dinner guest, Stumpy the Boston Bruin hockey bear

Everything is in place - even a silent listener who can't lower the IQ of the whole house...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera