BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 13, 2012 9:11 am  #1

Inspector Montalbano novels- Andrea Camilleri

These are available in the original Italian/Sicilian and also translated into English and other languages. Start with The Snack Thief and work through them systematically if you want them to get the best out of them. They are brilliantly structured, fantastic characterisations, the main protagonist is very different from usual police inspectors ( I mean, have you heard any others answer the phone with the response 'I am eating spaghetti with broccoli!'?),dealing with important, difficult issues and events with a unique 'style'. They truly seem to capture Sicilian society, within which the Commissario has to work.

Apparently, the final novel is written and is sitting in the publisher's safe- Camilleri is now in his 80s. If you enjoy the genre of crime fiction then you will not be disappointed by these stories.

Last edited by Davina (November 13, 2012 9:12 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera