BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 21, 2012 10:34 pm  #1

Russian Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 21, 2012 11:28 pm  #2

Re: Russian Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson

I really love these Russian series about Sherlock Holmes! I had watched them when being a child and after that read all the stories of ACD.
Vasily Livanov, the actor who played Sherlock Holmes in these series, got MBE (The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) for the best screen version of Sherlock Holmes among non-Brits.
There is a statue of Vasily Livanov and Vitaly Solomin as the characters of the above mentioned series standing near British Embassy in Moscow 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

August 22, 2012 12:13 am  #3

Awww....this Russian Holmes and Watson seem quite affectionate with each other, don't they?  Maybe we'll get a scene with our Sherlock comforting John in the back of a cab in the next series......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

August 22, 2012 12:38 am  #4

KeepersPrice wrote:

Awww....this Russian Holmes and Watson seem quite affectionate with each other, don't they?  Maybe we'll get a scene with our Sherlock comforting John in the back of a cab in the next series......

Affectionate? Hm... They were great friends, nothing more

August 22, 2012 6:32 am  #5

I must admit I'd only heard about the series and it looks great. However, I see a much stronger resemblance to the Guy Ritchie films than to our Sherlock. RDJ is wearing just these sort of sunglasses in one scene, there's a lot of action and one scene is nearly identical to one in the first film - at about 2.20 when Holmes tries to break the door and Watson hands him the keys. In the film he kicks in the door but the whole design is exactly the same. Seems to have been a strong inspiration.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 22, 2012 6:39 am  #6

SusiGo, Russian series were shot in 1980, so perhaps Guy Ritchie had a chance to watch this version and make use of some scenes .

August 22, 2012 6:42 am  #7

Yes, I definitely think he did. It's obvious  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 17, 2012 5:53 am  #8

awhile back, I was able to download these episodes.onto my PC--  ...they did have english subtitles.   I  had to erase the shows  from  my  computer.  Alas!!   But this series was really  done well,  and I  loved them all.   perhaps someday I will order the dvd's.   I  loved the ep where watson got shot.  now THAT  was a great episode.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

November 10, 2012 9:28 pm  #9

I have the DVD´s and I liked it a lot, to my surprise. I must rewatch it sometimes, I liked most the Watson´s portrayal - really good. When I realise when it was shot...

Tout peut arriver dans la vie, et surtout rien.

Board footera