BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2012 9:04 pm  #1

SCANDAL bedroom scenes

In SCANDAL, we are introduced to Sherlock's bedroom for the first time. Funnily enough, Irene enters it through the window. Twice (what else? ). And sleeps in Sherlock's bed voluntarily. (I've always wondered why she did so!)

On the other hand, Sherlock enters Irene's bedroom through the door. Once. And "sleeps" on the floor  - not quite voluntarily.

Oh, and each time John is present.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 8, 2012 9:06 pm  #2

Re: SCANDAL bedroom scenes

Remember, John  is our eyes and ears.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 8, 2012 9:11 pm  #3

tobeornot221b wrote:

In SCANDAL, we are introduced to Sherlock's bedroom for the first time. Funnily enough, Irene enters it through the window. Twice (what else? ). And sleeps in Sherlock's bed voluntarily. (I've always wondered why she did so!)

You wondered? Wait, I can explain.   ..................where shall I begin?        

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 8, 2012 9:15 pm  #4

I think she'd been on the run, was tired and needed a safe haven.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 8, 2012 9:21 pm  #5

Another one of your great observations, Tobe!  So many things are going in parallel ways for them - and Sherlock's actions seem more or less awkward compared to Irene's. "More" here, for sure!  Less when they look at each other's pictures, somewhat in the dressing up scenes.

Last edited by Harriet (November 8, 2012 9:22 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 8, 2012 9:23 pm  #6

Red lipstick, John drawing Sherlock's blood...

November 8, 2012 9:25 pm  #7

right...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 8, 2012 9:28 pm  #8

Oh and of course Sherlock looking at Irene's pix and Irene looking at his phone pix...do we count Sherlock in a sheet as = to Irene naked?!

November 8, 2012 9:29 pm  #9

tobeornot221b wrote:

In this scene, she is dressed and wearing her hair in a rather harmless, normal looking way, as opposed to their first meeting. And she is (at least pretending to be) sleeping. She is in danger and hoping for Sherlock to help her, or at least that is the impression she wants to give him. And in case Sherlock doesn't understand it, considering his lack of sentiment, she makes sure that John is also present?

Irene seems to prefer using windows instead of doors. She also leaves her own bedroom through the window in the other scene.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

November 8, 2012 9:32 pm  #10

Just supposed to make her look a woman of action I suppose...or to emphasise her being on the run.

November 8, 2012 9:43 pm  #11

besleybean wrote:

...do we count Sherlock in a sheet as = to Irene naked?!

No, I think Sherlock in his white sheet = Irene in her white dress
Irene naked = Sherlock all in black without his vicar dog collar (= defrocked)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 8, 2012 9:45 pm  #12

Obviously!

November 8, 2012 9:54 pm  #13

besleybean wrote:

Just supposed to make her look a woman of action I suppose...or to emphasise her being on the run.

Yes, that sounds reasonable. It is the quickest and easiest way to enter or leave the bedroom without having to walk through the whole house. That's Irene: Always going straight into the bedroom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

November 8, 2012 10:27 pm  #14

I would think that Irene being asleep like that in Sherlock's bed, hair down, jumper on makes her seem quite ordinary and somewhat vunerable. She looks like a girl asleep (waiting for a prince to awaken her with a kiss perhaps?)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 8, 2012 10:47 pm  #15

Davina wrote:

I would think that Irene being asleep like that in Sherlock's bed, hair down, jumper on makes her seem quite ordinary and somewhat vunerable. She looks like a girl asleep (waiting for a prince to awaken her with a kiss perhaps?)

Total agreement Davina.  Irene is quite calculating and here she's going for the vulnerable little girl look. (The sex godess look didn't work on Sherlock so she's thinking the innocent look might).  It's her ploy to get a knight in shining armour to rescue her and give her the secret of the code she needs.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 20, 2012 10:52 pm  #16

I love Sherlock's bedroom!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 20, 2012 11:41 pm  #17

Is that another door right beside the door John is standing in front of?  What is it - a bathroom, a closet?  Seems kind of see-throughy......

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 21, 2012 7:05 am  #18

It's the bathroom, there is also another door to it(for John) from the hallway.

November 21, 2012 9:51 am  #19

tobeornot221b wrote:

I think she is exactly where she wants to be  , by the way I always wondered if that green shirt belongs to Sherlock, that she put it on purposely.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 21, 2012 5:12 pm  #20

It's a cardigan, isn't it?

Board footera