BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2012 8:04 pm  #1121

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

SusiGo wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you're looking forward to proof-reading your translation (which you normally loathe because you know the book so well) just because the main character has Asperger's and is quite a genius in his field and has some problems in interacting with other people. 

That, Susi, is proof that an obsession can be seen as positive and useful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 5, 2012 8:05 pm  #1122

I'm very relieved. Now finally there's a good argument for being obsessed. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 7, 2012 1:38 pm  #1123

Juust saying - walked into the store room early this week, and a colleague called Moffat issued me some gear. And then an officer called Sherlock (last name!) walked in!!

I might have looked a bit deranged as a result, citing a 120 yrs old book right there and then 

November 7, 2012 9:05 pm  #1124

The Doctor wrote:

Juust saying - walked into the store room early this week, and a colleague called Moffat issued me some gear. And then an officer called Sherlock (last name!) walked in!!

I might have looked a bit deranged as a result, citing a 120 yrs old book right there and then 

And were they utterly clueless? 

Last edited by horserider99 (November 7, 2012 9:05 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 8, 2012 4:38 pm  #1125

When I was on the film set of Schloss Einstein today, a cameraman was measuring a distance with a laser pointer. The first thing which crossed my mind when I saw the red dot was:
Moriarty!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-

November 8, 2012 9:19 pm  #1126

Ronny Dax wrote:

When I was on the film set of Schloss Einstein today, a cameraman was measuring a distance with a laser pointer. The first thing which crossed my mind when I saw the red dot was:
Moriarty!

LOL

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 10, 2012 4:19 pm  #1127

When you look at the London A-Z just visible in your living room and smile...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 10, 2012 4:35 pm  #1128

When you go to an optician and read an ad for reading specs saying: "I need you" and think at once of Molly Hooper. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 10, 2012 4:36 pm  #1129

Aw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 10, 2012 9:12 pm  #1130

...when you're on a roll while working on Spanish homework and decide to just leave your points at 221 because it's the most amazing number ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 10, 2012 10:03 pm  #1131

... when you misread a sign that says "Batesville" as "Baskerville."
... when you're told to draw a piece of fruit for art and draw it with an "I O U" carved in it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

November 11, 2012 5:32 am  #1132

When the password to your phone is "sher" and you won't let anyone use your phone or look at it unless they already know the password from the show.

November 11, 2012 8:44 am  #1133

.....when you go to the"Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures" thread and read "Thud to " instead of "Jump to".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

November 11, 2012 9:37 pm  #1134

When you watch "Tatort" on TV because some people on the forum wrote that the last episode reminded them of Sherlock. And in the first scene the slightly disturbed investigator is pounding like a madman with a baseball bat on a car wreck in order to prove something. It somehow reminded me of the riding crop.
And then they always show the Dortmund skyline with fast-moving clouds and in changing daylight which is a bit Sherlock, too. 

November 11, 2012 10:02 pm  #1135

...when your mouth drops open at the lyrics you will be singing for the anthem at church because you suddenly realize they are one huge Reichenbach feel.  You get choked up because you realize the words are even more poignant if read as 'Pre-Reichenbach' - when John has become aware of the importance of Sherlock in his life but has not yet witnessed The Fall.  Oh, the irony.....

Will you teach me how to sail through space upon a comet's tail?
Will you teach me how to fly, to sail the skies on wings untied?
Will you teach me how to soar, to see things never seen before?
But most importantly of all, will you teach me how to fall?

Will you teach me how to cry, to release those feelings deep inside?
Will you teach me how to laugh and travel off the beaten path?
Will you teach me how to dream, how to face the future sight unseen?
Will you teach me how to be the only thing that I can be.... me....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 11, 2012 10:03 pm  #1136

Oh, KP, this is unbelievable. Very sad and moving.

November 12, 2012 12:06 am  #1137

...when you stare at you laptop's Sherlock background/slideshow and quote all the words to the other person in the room and drive them crazy.
...when you step on your coffee table to get to the other side of it.
and none of us would be guilty of a yellow smiley face on our wall, would we?

November 12, 2012 1:14 am  #1138

horserider99 wrote:

...when you stare at you laptop's Sherlock background/slideshow and quote all the words to the other person in the room and drive them crazy.....

OMG, we really really really need some new episodes, don't we.

November 12, 2012 6:57 am  #1139

For me it's when I forget to warn my husband that I'm watching Reichenbach and he glances over at me, wondering why I'm sobbing at the lap top!

November 12, 2012 8:51 am  #1140

when you look Social Network and hear the sentence: “Harvard undergraduates believe that inventing a job is better than finding a job.
and you just think: What?? Sherlock was in Harvard???

Board footera