BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 24, 2012 4:26 pm  #1

Sherlock Yack

I was just forced to watch this children's animated  film about the zoo detective Sherlock Yack and his Watson, Hermione the cat.
http://sherlockyack.zdfe-b2b.de/index.php
It wasn't that bad, after all - actually, it was quite nice:

"Our hero is a great sleuth with amazing instinct and an incredible sense of deduction. ... Might he be a little vain, a little sensitive and sometimes hypocritical, especially when one criticizes the way he plays his bagpipes? Of course. But after all, even the greatest heroes have their small failings."

"Hermione admires Sherlock for his flair and his intelligence... but doesn't mind criticizing his bachelor ways whenever she can. A fan of technology, she tries to get Sherlock to adopt modern methods... which isn't so simple with a recalcitrant yak!"

Today's case was about a peacock who had been assaulted and bereaved of his tail. Classical whodunnit...  .

(not today's case)

Last edited by Harriet (October 24, 2012 4:30 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 24, 2012 4:31 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Yack

Sounds interesting, especially the bagpipes!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 24, 2012 4:34 pm  #3

Bagpipes are not canon, I know 
I think it is intended for 6-8 year olds. But I wasn't able to find the perpetrator 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 24, 2012 4:40 pm  #4

I think bagpipes are quite a nice idea for a yak to play. Sort of yakish...if you know what I mean.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 6, 2012 8:34 am  #5

That's quite hilarious...thank you for pointing it to my attention!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera