BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 5, 2012 6:35 pm  #1

Skydiving in New Zealand

Lots of great photos (golly he looks excited) of Ben doing a tandem skydive having finished filming for The Hobbit in New Zealand.

www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-09-04/benedict-cumberbatch-reenacts-the-reichenbach-fall-from-15000-feet

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 5, 2012 6:51 pm  #2

Re: Skydiving in New Zealand

Wow, that looks like he's had a lot of fun. I wonder if I'd have the guts to do this. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 5, 2012 7:17 pm  #3

These are the moments when I'm glad that we will never have any kind of  relationship  .
I'm a chicken, I would go crazy with a boyfriend or husband with all those exciting/hazardous hobbies! 

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 5, 2012 7:18 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 5, 2012 9:23 pm  #4

Mattlocked wrote:

These are the moments when I'm glad that we will never have any kind of  relationship  .
I'm a chicken, I would go crazy with a boyfriend or husband with all those exciting/hazardous hobbies! 

I second that!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 17, 2012 5:23 pm  #5

Another really good article about the skydiving with many more photos. Funny what he says about the 'effect' of skydiving as he is not the first person I have heard say this. 

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2204379/Benedict-Cumberbatch-shows-daredevil-thrills-skydive.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 17, 2012 6:40 pm  #6

SusiGo wrote:

Wow, that looks like he's had a lot of fun. I wonder if I'd have the guts to do this. 

Maybe if BC were holding you.

September 17, 2012 7:08 pm  #7

veecee wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Ready to go. Where's the plane?

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 17, 2012 8:39 pm  #8

SusiGo wrote:

veecee wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Ready to go. Where's the plane?

Who needs the plane to fly once he's holding you?

September 17, 2012 8:41 pm  #9

Yes. But first we'll have to get up there. Or I'll just skip the jump and go straight on to the holding bit. 

Last edited by SusiGo (September 17, 2012 8:43 pm)

September 17, 2012 8:48 pm  #10

Naa... it will be the other way round. Stay on the ground, start the "holding bit" and then.... flyyyyyyyyy...... 

(Just imagine Susi jumping from the plane with Ben - she will never land!!)

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 17, 2012 8:49 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 17, 2012 9:14 pm  #11

Mattlocked wrote:

Naa... it will be the other way round. Stay on the ground, start the "holding bit" and then.... flyyyyyyyyy...... 

(Just imagine Susi jumping from the plane with Ben - she will never land!!)

Just fly the friendly sky …

September 18, 2012 12:16 am  #12

That article was funny. I mean it's fine, except that the New Zealand dive was the second time he'd done sky diving. The quote was from when he did it the first time. Apparently Daily Mail is somewhat of a nonsense tabloid over there? Like they're going "OMG Benedict hasn't done anything for us to write about lately let's find something!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 18, 2012 12:24 am  #13

Thanks for the pics, Davina, and the article! Poor darling, I promise to never take his picture in Tesco at one in the morning. (chance'd be a fine thing I'd ever have the opportunity.) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

November 5, 2012 12:04 am  #14

What is this incomprehensible phenomenon of jumping out of perfectly good airplanes?  I swear I wouldn't jump out of pane if it was crashing! I know people who have done this, people I once thought sane, and they too claim to want to do it again. I can't speak for the "effect" that it has but I would gladly would on the ground, where we belong, and help him out with that. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

Board footera