BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 2, 2012 7:05 pm  #1

Andrew Scott in The Town

The Town made for ITV1 in the UK will be airing early next month. Here's a great article which combines what must be a combination made in heaven: Andrew, s.e.x., and chocolate!  Bet that's peaked your interest! 

www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-11-02/andrew-scott-on-using-chocolate-as-a-reward-for-sex-scenes

Last edited by Davina (November 2, 2012 7:13 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 2, 2012 7:14 pm  #2

Re: Andrew Scott in The Town

Phwoar!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 2, 2012 9:19 pm  #3

Too funny. Do you have chocolate-covered potato chips (crisps) in that part of the world?

November 2, 2012 9:26 pm  #4

Yep...or hang on, do we?
I think they are actually crisp shaped chocolates!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 3, 2012 1:47 pm  #5

You mean those ones that look like Pringles but are made of chocolate? Yummy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 3, 2012 2:04 pm  #6

Yeah, not sure if I've actually had them, Stackers?

November 3, 2012 3:50 pm  #7

They're reall potato chips (crisps) dipped in chocolate. Kill two birds with one stone.

I think we Americans, at least, will dip anything in chocolate. And will put bacon (American) on or in anything. Yes, before you ask, I've seen bacon and chocolate together.

Getting this thread back on topic-- Davina, did the yummy refer to Andrew or the chocolate and chips?

November 3, 2012 4:34 pm  #8

BOTH! I've got a soft spot for the Irish...especially their accents.

As an addendum...my daughter has also been known to combine chocolate and bacon, specifically Nutella and bacon.

Last edited by Davina (November 3, 2012 4:35 pm)

November 3, 2012 4:46 pm  #9

Chocolate pollution is a crime!
Andrew Scott is amazing.

November 30, 2012 6:35 pm  #10

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 30, 2012 7:08 pm  #11

Interesting interview.

December 1, 2012 3:00 am  #12

Sounds like a really interesting show and I can't wait to see it. Andrew had a small part in The Hour last season, but he was woefully under used. Having seen his Moriarty, I'm looking forward to the great things he'll do in the future.

As for the chocolate debate, you could probably dip just about anything in chocolate and it would taste good. Though I love bacon, I might have to draw the line there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 5, 2012 10:04 pm  #13

Just watched first part...

Wow, always nice to find some drama worth watching.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 6, 2012 3:48 am  #14

Wonder when and if we'll ever be able to see it on this side of the pond. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 6, 2012 6:58 am  #15

Well I watched the first part, too.
It's interesting...
Judging by the trailer, Andrew looks like he'll be doing naughty things with a lady next week...so I may have to turn away at that part!

Last edited by besleybean (December 6, 2012 6:58 am)

December 6, 2012 7:03 am  #16

I think that must be where the chocolate played its part, as it were. Oo err Missus! 

December 6, 2012 7:04 am  #17

Really?
I'll wait and see!
Oh yes, I remember now...

December 6, 2012 11:11 am  #18

Davina wrote:

I think that must be where the chocolate played its part, as it were. Oo err Missus! 

Absolute filth... I like how you think.

I can imagine the chocolate helped cope with the nerves of filming a sex scene with an entire crew stood behind you but to be honest I can't imagine many people needing any sort of hardcore persuasion... Or payment for that matter.

Agent: I need you to get naked and snog Andrew Scott.
Me: How much?
Agent: A packet of chocolate buttons-
Me: Done!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 6, 2012 2:14 pm  #19

Not wanting to post any spoilers but I did have to suspend my disbelief at one point during this episode. When the daughter wanders off near the start and no-one bats an eyelid. Considering the circumstances I think they would be extremely concerned for her.

I thought Andrew was wonderful but then he always is. Strong performances all round. Their accents ae a bit off for the Midlands, but I'll forgive them that..

December 8, 2012 2:13 am  #20

I know what you mean Davina but I put that down to the general incompetence of the 'small town police force.' I'm assuming that is going to be addressed at some point before this drama unfolds completely.

Board footera