BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 2, 2012 10:41 am  #1

Mrs Hudson Appreciation

What are some of your favourite Mrs Hudson moments and what do you think of the relationships dynamics between her and "the boys"?

I love the fact that Sherlock is equally "his normal self" but also extremely protective over her.  Example: In Scandal, Mycroft tells Mrs Hudson to shut up. Sherlock and John both shout at him and force him to apologised, followed by Sherlock saying "but do indeed shut up." That always amuses me. It's so Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 2, 2012 5:50 pm  #2

Re: Mrs Hudson Appreciation

Well, i love the "how many times did he fall out off the window?" scene, it just shows how much Sherlock cares about her.  Or in a study in pink, when Sherlock rushes out the door and John sits in the chair, and mrs Hudson says that John is the more sitting down type. The way she say it is so funny. ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

March 2, 2012 6:16 pm  #3

Yeah, and the way she jumps when John goes "damn my leg!". And I love her reaction to Sherlock's text tone off Irene Adler!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 2, 2012 8:05 pm  #4

"Cameras - here? I'm in my nightie!"  Adorable!!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 2, 2012 11:15 pm  #5

'That was my bins!' great line from Scandal.
'Err! thumbs!' again from Scandal.
When she tuts 'Men!' as Lestrade, Sherlock and John go into flat 221c in The Great Game.
'It was in the pocket of your second best dressing gown. You clot!' from Scandal.
'What have you done to my bloody wall? That'll be coming out of your rent young man!' from The Great Game.

Wonderful stuff from Una Stubbs.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 3, 2012 2:21 am  #6

In Belgravia when John's girlfriend dumps him cause he says he'll walk her dog but she doesn't have a dog....Mrs Hudson's response - "that really wasn't very good was it?" LOL. Love it!

March 3, 2012 5:36 pm  #7

'Boys! You've got another one! From Scandal.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 6, 2012 2:00 pm  #8

During the drugs bust at the flat,' But they're just for my hip! They're herbal soothers!

March 14, 2012 2:08 am  #9

Watching Scandal right now in bed on my iPod, and this bit just made me seriously giggle...

When Irene is asking Sherlock if he would have dinner with her if it was the end of the world, then Mrs Hudson interupts the moment by shouting "Sherlock!". Irene says, "too late." And then Sherlock says, "that's not the end of the world, that's Mrs Hudson." Oh my God, that cracks me up so much!

March 14, 2012 2:10 am  #10

Oh my God, followed by "is the bell still not working?" Then to government man, "he shot it." Aaah just the mental image of Sherlock shooting the bell, love it.

November 2, 2012 10:09 pm  #11

I love Mrs. Hudson and Sherlock's soft spot for her is truly charming. I love when he comes home and finds evidence that she might have been attacked. The look on his face is so powerful and fierce. Then his gentleness with her after he walks into the room where's she's being held at gun point. Capped off by the wonderful scene where he walks into her kitchen, helps himself to a snack out of her fridge and denounces John for even suggesting she leave Baker St., insisting "England would fall", and putting his arm around her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 2, 2012 11:51 pm  #12

The mince pie theft! Lol.

November 30, 2012 8:22 pm  #13

I love the scene when John arrived in 221b and she has to tell him over and over again, she's not their houskeeper. ^^
And it's not in the series but on Johns Blog she writes " that's a happy face by the way"
In general all her posts there are just so adorable :3
And the scene on christmas when Sherlock played the violin and she said "That was lovely Sherlock" (or something like that... I'm not good at quotes). There they just all act all friendly like a family or old friends. Just heartwarming

November 30, 2012 8:29 pm  #14

And I love it that they wrote the scenes in series 2 that way because Benedict likes Una so much as she reminds him of his mum. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 5, 2012 9:26 pm  #15

Awww....I think Mrs Hudson is basically everyone's Mum. Everyone wants a Mum like Mrs Hudson, right?

Actually, I call my Dad Mrs Hudson and my Mum Irene Adler. 

Board footera