BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 10, 2012 5:24 pm  #41

Re: Funniest moments in any episode

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Sam wrote:

trenchcoats wrote:

Omg hahaha....

Haha that's brilliant. Such classic Sherlock!

There's that other one he does too...when he's in the canteen with Molly in Blind Banker, and he's being nice to her to get her to bring out the bodies for him to look at...he gives her one of his special smiles then as soon as she turns her back he drops it instantly and checks his watch impatiently. 

I know there's a gif for that exact thing on tumblr somewhere, haha. The only other one I have that I made is this one :D

October 10, 2012 6:17 pm  #42

I wish I could do gifs! Thank you!

October 10, 2012 11:44 pm  #43

horserider99 wrote:

"Shut up.""I didn't say anything""You're thinking; it's annoying". love that part. I'm always wanting to say that in really akward conversations, just to get everyone else annoyed....my sis would kill me though. 

What episode was that again?  Its on the tip of my tongue but I cant remember.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 11, 2012 12:03 am  #44

That's from ASiP when they go to the crime scene with the dead lady in pink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 2, 2012 9:12 pm  #45

I love all of these. I thought I'd add the scene in TRF where John comes in from showering, simply passes the hanging dummy, sits down to read the paper and says, "So, did you just talk to him for a really long time?" It always makes me chuckle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 7, 2013 12:09 am  #46

I had to laugh out so hard today when watching TGG, at the pool Moriarty suddenly makes a gesture regarding his suit and makes a comment in a really proud way: "Westwood". Seconds later he continues with something COMPLETELY different: "You know what happens if you don't leave me alone, Sherlock? To you?"
I just love this unexpected mixture and had the urge to share it with somebody! :D

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

November 7, 2013 6:32 am  #47

Andrew Scott's genius.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 7, 2013 10:56 am  #48

Bluebell, Cluedo and "I need some, get me some!", anyone?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 7, 2013 11:03 pm  #49

One of my favorite bits from TGG is when John finds the head in the fridge because his reaction to it just cracked me up the first time I saw it and I still chuckle whenever I watch that part now

"Just once, can you two behave like grownups?"
"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants so I wouldn't hold out too much hope." - Mycroft Holmes and John Watson, Sherlock, A Scandal in Belgravia, Season 2

"Well, Mr. Holmes. I’ve seen you handle a good many cases in my time but I don’t know that I ever knew a more workman like one than this. We’re not jealous of you, you know, at Scotland Yard. No, sir, we’re proud of you. And if you come down tomorrow there’s not a man from the oldest inspector to the youngest constable, who wouldn’t be glad to shake you by the hand." - Inspector Lestrade, The Six Napoleons

December 15, 2013 10:16 pm  #50

The whole scene at the start of The Great Game where Sherlock visits a muderer in Russia and keeps correcting his grammer. He rolls his eyes when the muderer says something wrong! "Weren't a real man." Sherlock: "Wasn't a real man." So funny!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

December 16, 2013 6:52 am  #51

I was almost on the floor laughing at this point, cos I'm a grammar freak too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 16, 2013 8:09 am  #52

Like to add the faces of Sherlock and John, when Moriarty's mobile started ringing.

ah ha ha ha staying alive

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 16, 2013 12:58 pm  #53

In HoB Sherlock: "This case has been brilliant!"
John: "Sherlock. Timing!"

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

December 16, 2013 1:01 pm  #54

Looking forward to new laughs to treasure in Series 3!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 16, 2013 4:26 pm  #55

besleybean wrote:

I was almost on the floor laughing at this point, cos I'm a grammar freak too!

And Sherlock definitely went total grammar police on that guy! I love that part too!

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants so I wouldn't hold out too much hope." - Mycroft Holmes and John Watson, Sherlock, A Scandal in Belgravia, Season 2

"Well, Mr. Holmes. I’ve seen you handle a good many cases in my time but I don’t know that I ever knew a more workman like one than this. We’re not jealous of you, you know, at Scotland Yard. No, sir, we’re proud of you. And if you come down tomorrow there’s not a man from the oldest inspector to the youngest constable, who wouldn’t be glad to shake you by the hand." - Inspector Lestrade, The Six Napoleons

December 16, 2013 4:28 pm  #56

gently69 wrote:

Like to add the faces of Sherlock and John, when Moriarty's mobile started ringing.

ah ha ha ha staying alive

Oh yes LOL! I actually heard the song recently and of course I couldn't help but think of the beginning of ASiB. The resolution was a bit of a cop out but the ringtone really did fit Jim all too well LOL!

January 3, 2014 7:14 pm  #57

There are oh, so many funny bits and I totally concur with all the pieces mentioned here.  

I love :

Mycroft : "Oh do shut up Mrs Hudson"
Sherlock and John : "MYCROFT!!!"
Mycroft : "I apologise Mrs. Hudson."
Sherlock and John nod appreciatevely.
Sherlock : "Although do, in fact, shut up."

There are so many more...   I have proof my children love me, as they bought me season 1 and 2 for christmas so, purely in the name of research you understand, I think I may have to watch as many episodes as I can before it's time to get up* and make notes!

(*this is not the time/place for an explanation.  If you're interested I'll tell you)

"Oh no. You're...."
"Yes."
"Oh my God"
"..Not quite"
(The Empty Hearse) 

"I must stop twiddling things!"  (Benedict Cumberbatch, commentary 'A Scandal in Belgravia')

Do you ever have times when you have, like a whole pretend conversation with Sherlock in your head.  ..... What, NEVER!! .... Oh.  Right.    No, me either.

January 3, 2014 9:13 pm  #58

In The Empty Hearse, Sherlock playing a waiter in restaurant was amusing  And his French accent. Or those hints he was dropping to get John to look at Sherlock, like:
"It is, you might in fact say, like a face from the past."
"It is familiar, but with the quality of surprise!"
"Like a gaze from a crowd of strangers, suddenly one is aware is staring into the face of an old friend."

Also, John's talk with Mrs Hudson when he told her he got engaged:

JOHN: I've met someone.
MRS HUDSON: Oh, lovely!
JOHN: Yeah. We're getting married... well, I'm gonna ask, anyway.
MRS HUDSON: So soon after Sherlock?
JOHN: Well, yes.
MRS HUDSON: What's his name?
JOHN: It's a woman.
MRS HUDSON: A woman?!
JOHN: Yes, of course it's a woman.
MRS HUDSON: You really have moved on, haven’t you?
JOHN: Mrs Hudson! How many times...? Sherlock was not my boyfriend.
MRS HUDSON: Live and let live – that's my motto.
JOHN: Listen to me: I am not gay!

The Road goes ever on and on...

January 15, 2014 12:52 am  #59

These are all so great!

And here's one that had me choking on Sunday night: BAMF!John getting his adrenalin fix at the crack house. I have to include the whole thing because . . . sooo many great quips, John!

Wiggins: Ya gotta go. No one's allowed here.
John: Isaac Whitney? Have you seen him?
Wiggins pulls a switchblade knife.
John (testily): I'm asking you if you've seen Isaac Whitney and now you're showing me a knife. Is it a clue?
Wiggins makes slashing motions with the knife, indicating John should leave.
John: Are you doing a mime?
Wiggins: Go! Or I'll cut ya.
John: Ohhh, not from there. Let me help.
Strides within reach of Wiggins.
John (reaching critical mass): Now, concentrate. (very pointedly) Isaac Whitney.
Wiggins: Okay. You asked fer it.
John casually disarms Wiggins at warp speed, uses a throat hold to slam him against the wall, kicks his legs out from under him then picks up the dropped switchblade.
John: Right. Are you concentrating yet?
Wiggins (barely able to wail): You broke my arm!
John: Nope, I sprained it.
Wiggins: It feels squishy! Is it supposed to feel squishy? (presenting said arm to John) Feel that!
John (feeling Wiggins' arm): Yeah, it's a sprain. I'm a doctor. I know how to sprain people. Now where is Isaac Whitney?
Wiggins: I don't know! (John offers him a dubious look) Maybe upstairs.
John: There ya go. (slaps Wiggins' leg good-naturedly) Now wasn't that easy?
Wiggins: No, it was really sore. You're mental, you are.
John (heading up the stairs): Nope. Just used to a better class of criminal.

"It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask."
Arthur Conan Doyle, "The Adventure of the Three Garridebs"

January 15, 2014 9:03 am  #60

I am still laughing about "Christmas with the Holmes familiy"...
Especially the smoking scene with Sherlock and Mycroft. Lovely

Board footera