BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2012 6:15 am  #1

Rope hanging from rooftop?

Apologies, but I haven't seen this question arise on the forum.  When John's sniper raises his sight above John, realizing that he can't shoot him, there is a rope/thread/line/something hanging from the building.  There is clearly something hanging there off the side of the building, visible through the gun's sight as he's dismantling the gun.  Am I nuts?

Last edited by bluebell (May 25, 2012 2:33 pm)

May 25, 2012 6:30 am  #2

Re: Rope hanging from rooftop?

do you mean John's sniper?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 25, 2012 7:56 am  #3

No, I know totally what you mean and I thought that a couple of weeks ago but never got round to mentioning it.

During the rooftop scene ON THE ROOFTOP itself, there appears to be some kind of rope/wire/lead type thing on the ledge near where Sherlock and Jim are playing around. It can be seen in about three different shots I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 25, 2012 8:36 am  #4

Yes, Bluebell, I see that rope too, when the sniper is raising his gun. It's visible at the side of a window.

What I don't see, boss, is the rope you mention in the rooftop. Well, I surely see but don't observe... in which moment do you see it? You have me intrigued...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 25, 2012 10:54 am  #5

OK I think it's just wire from the aerial...first time I spotted it I was watching it on my iPod on the train...when I watched it again just now on the big screen I didn't actually spot anything of significance.

May 25, 2012 10:57 am  #6

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

OK I think it's just wire from the aerial...first time I spotted it I was watching it on my iPod on the train...when I watched it again just now on the big screen I didn't actually spot anything of significance.

Ok. Anyway I'll look carefully for it next time I (re)watch TRF. Maybe there's something there 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 25, 2012 11:21 am  #7

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

No, I know totally what you mean and I thought that a couple of weeks ago but never got round to mentioning it.

During the rooftop scene ON THE ROOFTOP itself, there appears to be some kind of rope/wire/lead type thing on the ledge near where Sherlock and Jim are playing around. It can be seen in about three different shots I think.

ok,I am trying to work this out, so will do some screenshots.

Is it in this picture? I've cropped some of that ledg but there are no lines whatsoever in what has been cropped.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

October 7, 2012 12:47 pm  #8

Somebody else saw blood stains on the ledge.
Have you discussed that here?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 31, 2012 6:07 pm  #9

No we haven't...and I have to say I've never spotted that. Which bit is it during?

October 31, 2012 6:10 pm  #10

Er, just one of the times(presumably the 1st time) Sherlock goes and stands on the edge and looks down...red marks near his feet...but I'm not sure it is blood or even anything.
If it is something, I think it's marks to show him where he needs to stand.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 31, 2012 6:14 pm  #11

Susi saw it; when Sherlocks steps on the roof's ledge; directly next to his foot.
But we analized that bit again during our meeting at tobe last weekend and came to the conclusion it's just "dirt". 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 1, 2012 8:43 pm  #12

Lol...have you written a report of your meeting btw? And if so...where abouts on the forum can I read it?

November 2, 2012 3:16 am  #13

Mattlocked wrote:

Susi saw it; when Sherlocks steps on the roof's ledge; directly next to his foot.
But we analized that bit again during our meeting at tobe last weekend and came to the conclusion it's just "dirt". 

Is this what you are referencing?

I would agree...I think it is dirt, or possibly some sort of growth.

November 2, 2012 6:52 am  #14

Actually seeing it there, it looks more like tar!

November 2, 2012 7:20 am  #15

When you see it in the film it looks as if the small something is surrounded by a sort of stain which I first thought might be blood. But it can be anything and I wouldn't know what it could mean anyway. I wondered if it is the spot where Moriarty is sitting at the very beginning of the scene but I suppose it isn't.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera