BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 1, 2012 3:43 pm  #1

Foreign Bodies- BBC Radio 4 series

Ok so this is not about books I've read but I can't decide where to put this. BBC Radio 4 has an excellent series: 'Froeign Bodies', about European Crime literature. There are many references to Sherlock Holmes, as one would expect. A very interesting and informative series. If you can get to listen to this on I-player do so. The first episode covers: Maigret and Poirot, Duerrenmatt, Dutch and Czech authors and Scandinavian crime novels. Very interesting links to the histories of these countries and how many of these novels connect to these.

Last edited by Davina (November 1, 2012 3:43 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 1, 2012 6:32 pm  #2

Re: Foreign Bodies- BBC Radio 4 series

November 1, 2012 6:53 pm  #3

Re: Foreign Bodies- BBC Radio 4 series

Yes that is it. I've just started listening to it. Really fascinating stuff, especially for anyone really interested in the genre outside of Sherlock Holmes. Mark Lawson also presents Front Row on BBC Radio Four which is the weekly arts programme. He is an intelligent presenter.

Last edited by Davina (November 1, 2012 6:54 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera