BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 24, 2012 7:27 pm  #1

arguments for Evolution

I'm working on a paper(for fun) on Creation vs. Evolution and I am clueless about what the arguments for Evolution are....anbody able to help?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 24, 2012 7:30 pm  #2

Re: arguments for Evolution

Fossil record.
Specifically skull development.
Adaptation.
Genetics
Group co-operation...most of the basics you'll get even from wiki.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 24, 2012 7:34 pm  #3

It's like comparing violins to Bach ... what is better?   

But you said, you want it for fun. Do you have some kind of idea already how it should be like?

Last edited by Harriet (October 24, 2012 7:36 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 24, 2012 7:35 pm  #4

Which is better?  Why, the one that is real, of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 24, 2012 7:36 pm  #5

To me, Evolution IS creation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 24, 2012 7:37 pm  #6

Genetics don't really prove evolution though. Because of how complex they are, it's more of a creationist argument.

Last edited by horserider99 (October 24, 2012 7:37 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 24, 2012 7:38 pm  #7

Do you want to talk about creation or creationists?

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 24, 2012 7:40 pm  #8

I already have tons of arguments for creationists, but I'd like to see what people come up with.

Last edited by horserider99 (October 24, 2012 7:43 pm)

October 24, 2012 7:42 pm  #9

I meant in terms if selective breeding, sorry...we can show how man can do it purposefully, we mimic evolution.

October 24, 2012 7:50 pm  #10

another random thing....I believe it was somewhere between 1970's and 1990's they recreated some chemical from the human body in a test tube...what was it?

October 24, 2012 7:53 pm  #11

You don't mean the discovery of DNA, do you?
But yes.  Microscopes can now show  genetic mutation.
That's how evolution occurs:  the mutation in genes.

October 24, 2012 7:55 pm  #12

it was a protein, I believe....I'll look it up.

October 24, 2012 7:56 pm  #13

Creationists are claiming violins exist because Bach exists

October 24, 2012 7:58 pm  #14

We know violins exist, that isn't the issue!
We can show the evolution of music and instruments, just as we can the evolution of the species.

October 24, 2012 8:06 pm  #15

Yes, we know - creationists need something else to "know"

October 24, 2012 8:07 pm  #16

The chemical created in test tube was actually an amino acid, and it was in 1954....(can't you tell I'm tired? )

October 24, 2012 8:32 pm  #17

I can provide them with a list, free of charge.

October 30, 2012 9:06 pm  #18

So you're making a list about evolution vs. creationism?

October 30, 2012 9:10 pm  #19

Is this essay written yet?

October 30, 2012 10:59 pm  #20

besleybean wrote:

Is this essay written yet?

Not quite...

Board footera