BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2012 11:15 am  #1

Snippets of scenes

I'll pop up an example, one of my favourites:

Entire playlist of snippets is here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFB2006BC3CCFFCEC

What happened John?
Put the hat on.
The hat.
Not our division.
No rush.
You repel me.
Moriarty's chewing gum.
I felt we had a special something.
Can you survive a few minutes without showing off?
You're doing the look again
Honey you should see me in a crown
Tea Party
They all want me
Falling is like flying
IOU
You remind me of my dad
I know what it means
Go easy.
brilliant Anderson
Molly's cancelled lunchdate.
Sherlock scares little girl
CSI Baker street
Are you ready for the story
And the king began to wonder

and the list goes on! lol
(will type the rest out soon)

Last edited by kazza474 (May 26, 2012 11:51 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 30, 2012 1:01 am  #2

Re: Snippets of scenes

I'll say something about 'Tea Party'

Clues (to me) are also in the actual visuals/shot as well as music and costume. When Jim enters 221B downstairs, you first see his shadow (reference: Cesar in The Cabinet of Dr Caligari, but also Hitchcock's The Lodger).

Other moments/references that struck me: Rooftop scene: Hitchcock's Vertigo/Molly regularly wearing touches of red/music also appeared in 1999's Thomas Crown Affair/Casting/The Prestige/Key figures in the story lines are women (more so than in Doyle's time).

Last edited by MaggieM (September 30, 2012 1:03 am)

October 29, 2012 10:54 am  #3

I think you might need to be just a little bit more specific.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 29, 2012 11:01 am  #4

Yes, please. I'm always eager to hear new theories.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 29, 2012 4:59 pm  #5

Can I query the part where you mention about the person Angelo, who is prepared to go to prison for Sherlock's sake. What does this relate to? When does Sherlock require someone to go to prison for him?

When is it implied that Sherlock has killed The Woman? It is implied that his actions may have very indirectly have lead to her death but even that is debatable and as it is we know that the opposite is true in reality. He saves her.

I agree totally with the idea that Sherlock has fully prepared his 'experiment' in the Fall with Moriarty prior to going on the roof. So what is the weakness of Moriarty that Sherlock is able to exploit? His arrogance? His insanity? His ability to play such a dangerous game of chess?

Last edited by Davina (October 29, 2012 5:00 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 30, 2012 3:22 pm  #6

Be wrote:

I have got it.
The clues are everywhere. The writers have resurrected Sherlock. Take his words as gospel. Listen to everything  that he is saying. And when you are very, very lucky, he might even talk to you. I heard him talking to me.  He might tell you that you are in sparkling form and it's billiant. And when he talks to you, you will do anything for him  Think.
The writers are very, very clever. I can't be the only one who has seen it.
If you find the connections in 2013 you will  kick or kill yourself. Please is anybody out there who knows what I am talking about?

"what Sherlock's saying" - what do you mean? Expecially on the roof or through all episodes?
I'm sorry, no, I don't know what you are talking about... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 30, 2012 5:57 pm  #7

Well, that makes at least two of us Mattlocked!

October 30, 2012 6:54 pm  #8

I knew I should have left this thread closed.
*rolls eyes*

"Be".
You are hinting that BBC Sherlock is made similarly to 'Lost', with clues & twists being planted throughout the entire series thus far.

You are well off the mark.
The series is shown as a 'what you see is what you get' show. It is made with the essence of the ACD canon in mind, and everything we need to know is on-screen in each individual episode. It is an exercise in logic, not in fantasy.

From Davina's post, I deduce that you posted some of your theory and have now deleted it. Obviously you had some things wrong & have removed them. So perhaps you need to restart & listen to your own words and "think".

The best way to "think" about this series is to embrace the canon idea of seemingly complex stories unravelling to simple &logical conclusions, not the other way around.

By not posting your supposedly brilliant ideas you have painted yourself exactly like another member who only posted briefly in a very similar fashion. If you had real answers that you believed in you would share them & place them up for scrutiny without deletion. To not do so is both tiresome and suggestive of their validity.

We welcome all ideas here, but we cannot discuss hidden ones & you will quickly find, as "s.he" did that the forum community will not be bothered entertaining your posts for much longer.
In short, state your case or otherwise let people get on with forum life.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera