BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 28, 2012 1:49 pm  #2201

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

The first twenty pages helped.

SusiGo wrote:

Worse then Alone on the Water? 

I don't know, I haven't read that one yet, only that everybody says it is very sad. Where can I find it? Just to see if it is tearier than mine (read: for science) ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 28, 2012 1:52 pm  #2202

Alone On The Water.
Here you are:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/210785

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 28, 2012 1:57 pm  #2203

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

The first twenty pages helped.

SusiGo wrote:

Worse then Alone on the Water? 

I don't know, I haven't read that one yet, only that everybody says it is very sad. Where can I find it? Just to see if it is tearier than mine (read: for science) ...

Alone On The Water will make you weep buckets. No question at all. It is pretty much the perfect story, IMHO. Sob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

October 28, 2012 2:29 pm  #2204

Up to page 20, have managed to restore some of the deleted photos, don't know what the feck happened to them, but I'm having fun looking for the originals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

October 28, 2012 5:04 pm  #2205

I've got two things for you today - a pic and the necessary emergency equipment. Guess what it is:

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 28, 2012 5:08 pm  #2206

Right, back home and already back to your old habits     

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 28, 2012 5:09 pm  #2207

Oh yeah, definitely need the first when I look at the second...

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

October 28, 2012 5:12 pm  #2208

The first one is really disgusting!
The second one ... is kind of ... different.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 28, 2012 5:24 pm  #2209

So I read that Alone on the Water story and ... yeah. It's not easy to make me cry but THAT. WAS. CRUEL.
Let's see if I can find a nice picture to make it better.

*sobs* Well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 28, 2012 5:25 pm  #2210

Here's some....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 28, 2012 5:42 pm  #2211

QE: Yes, it's very hard to bear, isn't it? Do you know the video that belongs to the story? Be warned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEA-B1QNplQ

Horserider, I think she'll need some more pics after watching this. 

Last edited by SusiGo (October 28, 2012 5:42 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 28, 2012 6:13 pm  #2212

SusiGo wrote:

QE: Yes, it's very hard to bear, isn't it? Do you know the video that belongs to the story? Be warned:

Horserider, I think she'll need some more pics after watching this. 

Oh, that was even worse. But also very well-made, I have to say. I'll keep it in mind for occasions when I have to remind myself that I am not a machine and my heart is not made of stone. *wiping tears away* Thank you, I'm all distraught and confused now.

October 28, 2012 6:16 pm  #2213

Yes, it's really sad. And I was impressed that Deductism manages to tell the story just with series 1, without the graveyard and all.

October 28, 2012 6:27 pm  #2214

You've all convinced me not to go near Alone on the Water!

October 28, 2012 6:33 pm  #2215

Read it only if you are feeling strong and well. Not in a bad mood. Could make it even worse. But it's really well written.

October 28, 2012 7:25 pm  #2216

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Let's see if I can find a nice picture to make it better.

Aww, pretty! And, delightfully, alive and well.

October 28, 2012 7:29 pm  #2217

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, beautifully done. And whether or not someone has read AOTW, this could be a wonderful post-Reichenbach vid. Look at what John is dealing with!

October 28, 2012 7:34 pm  #2218

Very true. It's about loss and grief.

October 28, 2012 9:53 pm  #2219

How about something funny to get past all the crying?

October 28, 2012 10:03 pm  #2220

Or something beautiful.

Board footera