BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 25, 2012 12:31 pm  #1

Crossover woes - Sherlock Detective Conan Crossover Questions

I have Problems with my Detective Conan Sherlock crossover fic. I just can't seem to get the characters right. I wish there was a guide on how to write certain characters especially John, I can't catch his voice right. For example, I think he would grieve for his friend, but I unlike Ran I don't think he would cry, at least not openly. Don't get me wrong both are strong in their own ways,they just express their grief differently, but I have no idea how to best portray that.

Young Sherlock is not easy to write either. I don't really know how a ten year old acts and how he talks. Would a ten year old be interested in forensics and how much knowledge would he have on the topic, before someone got suspicious? Could John bring Sherlock to the crime scene, or would someone call child services?

Also, the prompt says that Lestrade should loose his job due to the events of Sherlock's Fall and becomes a private detective much like Mouri Kogoro, but for some reason I always imagined him as Inspector Megure, because they both knew Shinichi/Sherlock from the beginning and trust him to come to the right answers. The only other option would be for John to become a detective and start solving cases, but could he just take up Sherlock's mantle and show up at crime scenes, since he is a GP not a forensics expert? Also I don't think it would be wise to dart either Lestrade or John. I am not entirely sure if they would ever forgive him if he pulled that stunt on top of constantly lying to them and keeping his identity secret. However I don't really want to introduce a new character if not absolutely necessary.

Do you guys have any tips?

Last edited by AlSidere (October 25, 2012 12:32 pm)

October 26, 2012 6:20 pm  #2

Re: Crossover woes - Sherlock Detective Conan Crossover Questions

If you're talking Sherlock and not canon...

As for 10-year-old Sherlock, remember that he wanted to be a pirate at one point.

And, we know he was already interested in foresnics young, because he tried to get people interested in Carl Powers' missing shoes.

Board footera