BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2012 11:18 am  #41

Re: Third Star

Further information regarding the release of Third Star in the US. Available now at Film Buff and on 8/21 from Amazon.

www.filmbuff.com/movies/third-star/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 17, 2012 9:46 am  #42

If anyone's interested in the script, you find it here:

http://mug7.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/thirdstar_scriptmaster.pdf

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 17, 2012 10:02 am  #43

Thank you so much for the link. It's very inspiring as yesterday I talked to someone about maybe maybe maybe adapting one of my books as a radio play (my son asking "Like Cabin Pressure?" Well, yes). And suddenly I had the secret dream of trying to write a film script as well … don't know if I can do that … have no experience, but then I followed your link and thought, maybe I could do this, too. Getting very excited at the thought 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 17, 2012 10:05 am  #44

Fine, go on! I'll be the first buyer of the DVD! 

August 17, 2012 10:17 am  #45

Er, bit early for that but it's never too late to try on something new 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 25, 2012 8:56 pm  #46

October 26, 2012 7:08 am  #47

Thank you so much for the link, it's a beautiful and touching video. 

And here's a photo to go with it:

Last edited by SusiGo (October 26, 2012 8:06 am)

November 4, 2012 5:51 pm  #48

I absolutely loved this movie. It's so real and moving and heartbreaking. So many films here in the US these days are just cheap toilet humor comedies or exploding stuff with aliens. Seeing this made realize how long it had been since I'd seen a movie with heart and soul. I cried at the end, but felt like I had taken a wonderful journey to get there. Benedict was awesome in it, as were his cast mates, who showed the good and bad of true friendship. I'd own this one for sure, if only it was available on DVD here in the US.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 4, 2012 6:19 pm  #49

The Third Star twitter account has just stated that it will be issued as an all area DVD shortly, so playable in the US. I'll keep you posted when they give more info.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 4, 2012 11:48 pm  #50

Thank you Davina!! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 6, 2012 7:40 pm  #51

harleyq wrote:

I absolutely loved this movie. It's so real and moving and heartbreaking. So many films here in the US these days are just cheap toilet humor comedies or exploding stuff with aliens. Seeing this made realize how long it had been since I'd seen a movie with heart and soul. I cried at the end, but felt like I had taken a wonderful journey to get there. Benedict was awesome in it, as were his cast mates, who showed the good and bad of true friendship. I'd own this one for sure, if only it was available on DVD here in the US.

You can watch it on amazon.com instant video for $3.99.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dmovies-tv&field-keywords=third+star

November 7, 2012 9:36 am  #52

OK, I watched it on amazon.com instant video, since I ordinarily don't buy DVDs. Ben was gorgeous in this film-- IMO his beauty is the only reason to watch this movie. I do confess I had a problem understanding most of the dialogue-- I had to crank the sound up to get even half of the Britspeak, and then the loud, loud, loud music soundtrack would almost blow me out of my chair, or the sounds of the sea would rattle the windows. I had to keep my hand on the sound control on my computer to keep from going deaf. But anyway, yeah, he was exceedingly pretty in this one. I love how he cries... and smiles.... and.... stuff.

November 7, 2012 10:04 am  #53

Aggie, I had the same problem with understanding. It gets better the second time, believe me.  And on this page you'll find the script which is worth reading as well as many notes by the scriptwriter on filming Third Star:

http://mug7.com/about/

November 23, 2012 5:57 pm  #54

Third Star @thisisthirdstar

THIRD STAR DVD FROM AMAZON UK IS NOW REGION FREE.. see our Facebook page for longer post on this.. http://www.facebook.com/thirdstar/posts/496080227079700?notif_t=like … (PLS RT)

December 9, 2012 6:55 pm  #55

February 8, 2013 6:12 pm  #56

MaggieM wrote:

i did see this, finally. last weekend. we will never speak of it again. 

Huh? What? Why?

February 8, 2013 6:27 pm  #57

Mattlocked wrote:

MaggieM wrote:

i did see this, finally. last weekend. we will never speak of it again. 

Huh? What? Why?

SO SAD!!! i should edit to "I" will never speak of it again, sorry.

Beautiful country/seaside, tho.

Last edited by MaggieM (February 8, 2013 7:24 pm)

February 8, 2013 7:09 pm  #58

When I first watched it, I cried for twenty minutes in front of the PC. The second time went a bit better. 

February 8, 2013 7:59 pm  #59

Oh god this film. If ever there was the perfect boot up the a**e for procrastination: this is it. Every time I watch this film I want to live so badly. Anyone know what I mean? Not just 'get up, go to work, go to sleep... wash rinse repeat.' A real desire for a life less ordinary. Or at least one where you actually get around to doing one half of the things you really want to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

February 9, 2013 2:42 pm  #60

I know what you mean. It makes me appreciate life much more than just superficially, it urges one to go deeper and do things you always wanted to do.

Board footera