BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2012 12:27 am  #1

List your favourite episodes in order

Place all the episodes in order of your favourites...this is hard and easy at the same time...

1. The Reichenbach Fall
2. A Study In Pink
3. The Great Game
4. A Scandal In Belgravia
5. The Hounds of Baskerville
6. The Blind Banker

I couldn't decide whether to put TRF or ASIP as my number one choice...difficult...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 8, 2012 12:40 am  #2

Re: List your favourite episodes in order

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Place all the episodes in order of your favourites...this is hard and easy at the same time...

1. The Reichenbach Fall
2. A Study In Pink
3. The Great Game
5. The Hounds of Baskerville
6. The Blind Banker

I couldn't decide whether to put TRF or ASIP as my number one choice...difficult...

My order would be exactly the same... and with the same problem about TRF and ASiP. I'd put them together as number one, they're the ones I've seen most times and I enjoy them more each time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 8, 2012 1:24 am  #3

1. The Reichenbach Fall
2.  A Study in Pink
3. A Scandal in Belgravia
4.  The Great Game
5.  The Hounds of Baskerville
6.  The Blind Banker

Yep, and I too found it difficult to choose between 1 and 2, also 3 and 4.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 8, 2012 1:57 am  #4

Oooh that's hard....

1. The Reichenbach Fall
1. A Study in Pink
(I truly can't choose between them. The start and the end of the relationship...both beautiful episodes...)
3. The Great Game
4. The Hounds of Baskerville
5. A Scandal in Belgravia
6. The Blind Banker

Apparently I liked Hounds better than most. Maybe cause Russell Tovey and I'm a Being Human (seasons 1 - 3) fan. Not convinced on season 4 yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 8, 2012 2:31 am  #5

uh, let me think for awhile....

1. A Study in Pink
2. The Reinchenbach Fall
3. The Hound of Baskersville
4. The Great Game
5. Scandal in Belgravia
6. The Blind Banker

well the reason why I prefer watch Study in Pink because the start of their relationship looks very interesting.. and about the TRF, whenever I watch this *especially the suicide part* makes me feeling blue.. so I prefer it secondly after Pink.

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

April 8, 2012 4:14 am  #6

Yeah I found it hard to choose between them. The beginning of their relationship is fascinating. And funny.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 8, 2012 5:01 am  #7

1. The Reichenbach Fall
2. A Study In Pink
3. The Great Game
5. The Blind Banker
6. The Hounds of Baskerville

I agree with others about 1) and 2).  Both grab me every time, and
depending on mood,  either one can be my favorite.  TRF gets the
edge for me because of its unparalleled gut-wrenchingness.

A Scandal in Belgravia edges out TGG slightly for me for setting
the right tone and direction for a second series (after such
a long wait!)  in such a beautifully crafted way-  completely
hooking the audience for the duration.   Hounds is last for
me,  probably because I missed London, Lestrade, and Molly.

April 8, 2012 5:33 am  #8

1. PINK
2. FALL
3. WOMAN
4. POOL
5. HOUND
6. BANKER

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 8, 2012 5:43 am  #9

tobeornot221b wrote:

1. PINK
2. FALL
3. WOMAN
4. POOL
5. HOUND
6. BANKER

Lol, "Pool" and "Woman". 

April 8, 2012 6:13 am  #10

love the shorthand!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 9, 2012 8:45 pm  #11

The Great Game, The Reichenbach Fall, A Study in Pink, A Scandal in Belgravia, Hounds of the Baskerville.

The Blind Banker doesn't even rank.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

April 9, 2012 8:46 pm  #12

Awww come on, it's not THAT bad.

April 9, 2012 8:47 pm  #13

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Awww come on, it's not THAT bad.

Yes. It. Is.

-m0r

April 9, 2012 9:40 pm  #14

a. A Study in Pink
b. Scandal in Belgravia, Reichenbach Fall
c. Great Game
d. Hounds of Baskerville
e. Blind Banker

One of those items doesn't belong there. Which one?
Solution: e

April 9, 2012 10:10 pm  #15

The blind banker is, for me, the worst one, but yet it is better than a lot of things I've watched on tv. And I still watch it from time to time, only for some of the exchanges between John and Sherlock.

Last edited by Irene_Adler (April 9, 2012 10:11 pm)

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 9, 2012 10:28 pm  #16

The Blind Banker can be good if viewed as lots of tiny DVD extra scenes or 'webisodes' which help flesh out John and Sherlock's relationship. Beyond that it's an insult to have it stand alongside the other episodes/features. It does them a disgrace by existing and is hopefully as low as the show will ever go.

Hounds of the Baskerville is a weaker story than the rest (Indeed nowhere near as layered or entertaining) however it is still a solid enough piece and if I was to accept that this adaptation of Sherlock had a weakest link, I'd pick Hounds and still feel confident that the show is up for artistic scrutiny.

I rank the various websites which flesh out series one, or Irene Adler's Twitter account, as higher than The Blind Banker, in fact I'd dismiss The Blind Banker as even fan fiction and place our recent Yahoo! Answers shenanigans as more deserving of merit than it.

I'm embarrassed by The Blind Banker.

There, I think I can say I've vented my opinion of it enough now in front of other people who like Sherlock.

If you like it that's fine and please don't take this as a slight on yourself from me. I only just discovered whilst typing this out how much I loathe its existence. 

-m0r

April 9, 2012 11:03 pm  #17

LOL, that is indeed, quite a rant.  Don't worry, I'm not offended. Everyone's entitled to voice their opinions. Do you find it weird to think that episode was written by the same legend who wrote TRF? I do. But I guess it's just a case of bad scripting on Moftiss's part...just a weaker storyline in the first place. It does have it's moments though...but I'm thinking of the relationship development between Sherlock and John rather than the actual adventure storyline.

April 9, 2012 11:08 pm  #18

Nothing to feel offended about, m0r... I understand what you say. I really think it's the weaker one of the seven episodes we have to date (I prefer the unaired pilot to TBB and I consider it the seventh episode) but there are things in it I like; specially, like our Sherlock said, about John and Sherlock's relationship. And that first interview with Sebastian tells me a lot of things about Sherlock. But of course, I understand that you don't like it. And all the things you said about TBB are pretty much what I think about the last two minutes of A Scandal in Belgravia.

April 9, 2012 11:34 pm  #19

I can see why the last two minutes of 'A Scandal in Belgravia' might upset some people with its heroic charging about - sadly I'm a bit soft (On very rare occasions!!) and fell for it hook, line and sinker.

-m0r

April 10, 2012 1:19 am  #20

TBB was directed by Euros Lyn, who hasn't directed any of the other episodes. That's not to say he's not a good director - he's directed several brilliant Doctor Who episodes. I just wonder if he was the wrong choice for this. Alongside Paul McGuigan's brilliant directing of 1 and 3 it lacks pace and subtlety (I'm big on subtlety in film and television - it's why I prefer British over US produced stuff). Given Steve Thompson wrote TRF we know he can do some great stuff. Perhaps it was a combination of factors - TBB was several different ACD plots woven into one episode but based around the Five Orange Pips story. Not sure if Thompson is as big a Sherlock Holmes fan as Moftiss are; maybe it was the wrong episode to have written by someone with less insight?

But I definitely agree it's the weakest of the 6. Which is not to say I didn't enjoy it the first time I watched it and I do enjoy the character stuff with Sherlock, John and Lestrade. I just very rarely re-watch it.

Board footera