BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 19, 2012 10:18 am  #1

An Afternoon with Mark Gatiss (11th Nov @ the Criterion, London)

http://sherlockology.tumblr.com/post/33840190274/the-game-is-on-an-afternoon-with-mark-gatiss

THE GAME IS ON - AN AFTERNOON WITH MARK GATISS & FRIENDS
The Game Is On! Spend an afternoon with Mark Gatiss & Friends in support of London Lesbian & Gay Switchboard.

Actor and writer Mark Gatiss will host an exclusive fundraiser on Sunday 11th November (3:00 pm at The Criterion Theatre, London) in support of London Lesbian & Gay Switchboard. The Game Is On: An Afternoon with Mark Gatiss & Friends will feature a Q&A session with Mark and special guests from his career working on hit shows such as BBC1’s ‘Sherlock’. Fans will have the opportunity to participate by submitting questions via email in advance to thegameison@llgs.org.uk.

The Game Is On will raise funds for the charity’s information and support services to the LGBT community, which include a free and confidential telephone helpline, instant messaging and email support.

Laura Skedgell from London Lesbian & Gay Switchboard said: “We’re delighted to present this Q&A event hosted by our Patron, Mark Gatiss. It promises to be an unmissable afternoon of entertainment for fans of Mark and his cult shows, which will help us to continue to support the LGBT community on issues from coming out to going out and everything in between.

Tickets for The Game Is On cost £20-£40 and are available from Ticket Master.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 19, 2012 10:27 am  #2

Re: An Afternoon with Mark Gatiss (11th Nov @ the Criterion, London)

I believe my company has a British subsidiary...obviously I need to transfer to London and stop missing these things.  It's good to see the Sherlock cast using their popularity to support good causes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 19, 2012 11:13 am  #3

Finally here ;) I thought about posting it yesterday. That's the thing Ian talked about. Unfortunately I live in the wrong country. I hope there will be videos.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 19, 2012 5:27 pm  #4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 19, 2012 5:35 pm  #5

NW16XE wrote:

I believe my company has a British subsidiary...obviously I need to transfer to London and stop missing these things.  It's good to see the Sherlock cast using their popularity to support good causes.

NW16XE wrote:

NW16XE wrote:

NW16XE wrote:

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 19, 2012 5:46 pm  #6

"It's good to see the Sherlock cast using their popularity to support good causes."

It's wonderful how they use their enormous popularity for helping people in need. And here's another one I found on Twitter:

Sherlockology @Sherlockology
UK: #MartinFreeman will be lending his support to #StandUpToCancer tonight on Channel 4, 19:30BST: http://bit.ly/QwB3Hm  Thanks @Casablankaaa

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 20, 2012 3:08 pm  #7

Hm, looks like everyone except Benny is making an appearance. I wonder if they will have a surprise guest and just haven't mentioned it (him) to prevent riots of fangirls.LOL Must tweet Gatiss to ask.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

October 23, 2012 7:05 pm  #8

This event is now sold out.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 23, 2012 7:10 pm  #9

I think Benedict will be in America then.
In fact I'm certain he will be,as there is no way he would have missed supporting this cause.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 23, 2012 7:34 pm  #10

He's off to carry on filming Osage County so busy boy, as usual.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 23, 2012 7:35 pm  #11

In fact apparently he's flown out already...spotted at Heathrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 23, 2012 7:36 pm  #12

Not that people are stalking him or anything! Lol!

October 23, 2012 7:42 pm  #13

Well spotting is different to stalking...tho I've never done either!

October 25, 2012 5:04 pm  #14

Is anyone going ?

October 25, 2012 5:07 pm  #15

Would love to, but can't.

November 5, 2012 3:01 pm  #16

Just seen it announced that Andrew Acott has had to drop out of appearing at this event due to filming commitments. 

November 5, 2012 4:33 pm  #17

Shame.

November 5, 2012 9:24 pm  #18

I literally can't believe how epic this has become....

When I first saw it I thought it was only Mark Gatiss, because the guest list hadn't been announced yet. My thoughts were - looks good, but can't really afford it at the moment....lksdglkjsdlkgjsdlkgjkl OH MY GOD...if I'd have known then that all those people would be going too....I would have spent ALL MY MONEY on a damn ticket....DAMN IT DAMN IT!!!!

*insert face palm smilie*

November 5, 2012 9:27 pm  #19

Twitter folk were saying to follow Gay Switchboard as they may be going to release more tickets...I think a few folk were offering tickets,too.
Major disappointment about Andrew, but yes, still an incredible line up- and SUCH a good cause.
Shame I'm up here!

November 5, 2012 9:56 pm  #20

Oooh...thanks for the heads up...will be following Twitter very closely in the next few days. 

Board footera