BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 24, 2012 6:25 pm  #1

Horror Europa

Mark Gatiss' programme Horror Europa will be on BBC 4 at 9 p.m. on October 30th (Halloween).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 24, 2012 8:42 pm  #2

Re: Horror Europa

How did I manage to make 2 of these? It's ths b....y Internet connection!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 25, 2012 6:40 am  #3

What is it about?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

October 25, 2012 3:14 pm  #4

It is a feature length exploration of European horror cinema. Mark looks at how the genre came to reflect the continent's turbulent history in the 20th Century.

www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2012/horror-europa.html

October 29, 2012 9:37 pm  #5

I so excited.
I realized that my two favourite livestream site don't have a BBC4 stream, so I had to look for one. If anyone is interested

http://www.livestream.com/bbcfour

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 29, 2012 9:49 pm  #6

All fine, but can I just point out that Hallowe'en is actually 31 October and I think Frankenstein is on then...well, making of.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 30, 2012 7:27 am  #7

Ok. It is definitely tonight (Tuesday 30th) which, oops, isn't Halloween, that'll teach me to just put things I've just read on here without putting my brain into gear first!

October 30, 2012 7:39 am  #8

And apparently, Mark sports a blue suit, very like Benedict's Venice one....your fashion correspondent, here! 

I won't be able to watch to the end...past my bedtime!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 30, 2012 8:09 am  #9

I am going to TRY and record it and will battle with I-player later as well if, for any reason, it doesn't get recorded.

October 30, 2012 10:13 am  #10

I'm sure it's online soon.

----------

October 30, 2012 1:34 pm  #11

Oh, the irony! If I want to record Horror Europa I cannot record tonight's Elementary...decisions...decisions!

October 30, 2012 5:22 pm  #12

I'm watching Mark and will just miss Elementary again.

October 30, 2012 5:55 pm  #13

Good choice!

----------

October 30, 2012 6:07 pm  #14

I'm going to try and watch Mark too. Even more ironically it is followed by my favourite Scandi series of the moment Lilyhammer and the title of this week's episode is...Trolls! Lol.

October 31, 2012 6:08 pm  #15

Well I managed to watch this today on I-player. It is a well-presented, informative and thought provoking look at European horror films since the aftermath of World War 1. Definitely parts are not for the faint-hearted though so if you are squeamish perhaps it will not be your cup of tea. Mark is such a well-informed presenter and the interviews with the various directors were excellent.

Aside: I really liked the blue suit!

October 31, 2012 6:13 pm  #16

I watched the 1st hour...
Even that was interrupted by my long suffering husband asking if I was doing anything important.
To which I simply pointed at the screen!
But I felt I ought to proof read his work presentation, as he asked!

October 31, 2012 6:55 pm  #17

@Davina:

It seems like the outfit is very popular  He wears German socks, yeah 

Last edited by Ivy (October 31, 2012 6:58 pm)

----------

October 31, 2012 7:02 pm  #18

He looked gorgeous.

November 1, 2012 9:04 pm  #19

----------

November 6, 2012 10:27 am  #20

I've been downloading Elementary in a somewhat illegal fashion...

I missed this Horror Europa, but presumably it will be on iPlayer?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera