BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 19, 2012 8:14 am  #1061

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

HAHAHA Well true. I feel like I should stand up and say "My name is Wholocked and I'm Sherlocked" muahaha

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 19, 2012 8:16 am  #1062

We all feel with you, Wholocked. You don't have to be ashamed. Let's talk about it, shall we? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 19, 2012 8:47 am  #1063

Are you guys aware that you have to end all drug contact then? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 19, 2012 8:50 am  #1064

Okay, forget it. Still the addict, I suppose. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 19, 2012 9:11 am  #1065

Harriet wrote:

Are you guys aware that you have to end all drug contact then? 

Well, that's based on the idea that the addiction is interfering with your daily life...I don't think this is interfering. I mean, I check these forums several times a day. I'm currently watching Season 2 commentaries and considering going back and doing a Sherlock marathon. Earlier in the day I was watching Jeremy Brett...there's nothing impeding my normal life there is there? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 19, 2012 9:12 am  #1066

On second thoughts maybe I'll watch Avengers tonight. Mmmmm Tom Hiddlestone

October 19, 2012 9:55 am  #1067

Another addiction? I liked the film, funnier and more ironic than I had expected. But then Tony Stark was in it. 

October 19, 2012 10:11 am  #1068

Oh yes...I find it amusing that most people on Tumblr ended up fangirling over the villain though hahaha.

I could talk more about it but it's the wrong thread.

I've decided to watch more Jeremy Brett tonight

October 19, 2012 10:54 am  #1069

Wholocked wrote:

Well, that's based on the idea that the addiction is interfering with your daily life...I don't think this is interfering. I mean, I check these forums several times a day. I'm currently watching Season 2 commentaries and considering going back and doing a Sherlock marathon. Earlier in the day I was watching Jeremy Brett...there's nothing impeding my normal life there is there? 

Prone to denial, hmh?     

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 19, 2012 11:27 am  #1070

Me? Never! (Hahahaha)

October 19, 2012 11:30 am  #1071

Wholocked wrote:

We should start a Sherlock Anonymous group

SA (Sherlock Anonymous) would be for those who want to get over it, handle it, put it behind them, etc. At that rate, none of us would qualify for membership.

October 19, 2012 3:37 pm  #1072

ancientsgate wrote:

Wholocked wrote:

SA (Sherlock Anonymous) would be for those who want to get over it, handle it, put it behind them, etc. At that rate, none of us would qualify for membership.

God, that sounds horrible!!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 19, 2012 5:28 pm  #1073

...You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when:
You only listen to music that is Sherlock-related.
You're family gets annoyed because all you listen to is Sherlock-related music.
You have better things to do, but you're sitting at your laptop listening to the Bee-Gees, waiting for people to post, and playing spider solitaire.
You're usually don't talk/type much, but just one mention of something that could potentially be sherlock-related...and you're writing a really long paragraph on how awesome "he" is. Sadly, you're best friend whom you're emailing is clueless. 
You spent over an hour looking for the perfect coat that looks like Sherlock's and you might have also knit a scarf that matches too....
You're about to start reading the canon for the 10 millioneth time. *bye,bye, weekend!*
You ask every night to watch Sherlock and you're family all starts whining and complaining about how much they've already seen it.
that's it....there'll be more later though.

Last edited by horserider99 (October 19, 2012 5:28 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 19, 2012 5:38 pm  #1074

Sounds familiar to me...

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 22, 2012 3:47 pm  #1075

ancientsgate wrote:

Wholocked wrote:

Yes, let's call it SA, but let it stand for Sherlock's Army instead. (Gah, why does my brain insist on supplying refferences where they really don't belong? I appologize for the out-of-place Harry Potter reference, but I really couldn't resist.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

October 22, 2012 6:08 pm  #1076

Some of us don't mind a little HP with our SH.

And your cute avatar just made me think about Wicked again.

I'll stop there, so we can keep this thread on track.

October 22, 2012 9:19 pm  #1077

woop wicked!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Look I'm in shock, I have a blanket.

Holmesless until 2013

October 22, 2012 9:41 pm  #1078

veecee wrote:

Some of us don't mind a little HP with our SH.

And your cute avatar just made me think about Wicked again.

I'll stop there, so we can keep this thread on track.

Thanks! That avatar's old though, I'm going to try to update it with more of my current fandoms soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

October 24, 2012 9:57 am  #1079

all of a sudden loving your long umbrella that you used to think was really uncomfortable (noticed that yesterday thanks to the rain  )
putting the collar up of almost every piece of clothing that has one
thinking why you haven't got the episodes audio to listen to them in the bus instead of music (at least for a while that's happening to me)
you want to live in an english speaking country mainly just so that you can quote the series in real life conversation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.

October 24, 2012 11:34 am  #1080

Nice ones, malena  - now I need to think about emigration as well...

Board footera