BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2012 7:58 pm  #21

Re: What Deductions Would Sherlock Make About You?

3. If he had access to my room he'd probably be able to deduce that I'm somewhat sentimental although less so nowadays, because of the trash bags and piles of books slated for donations.
4. Also that I'm a bibliophile because of the stacks of books as well as the packed bookshelf (no brainer there)
5. I also own heeled Danskos that I wear frequently, so same deductions there. (No hip or back problems there, I just stole them from my mother because they were too big for her and very comfy)

Last edited by Smoggy_London_Air (July 5, 2012 8:00 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

July 5, 2012 9:26 pm  #22

Ok, I'll give this a try...
Sherlock could deduce a lot only from my hands:
1. I am a pianist because of my strong muscle in the fifth finger and my short nails.
2. I also play cello because of the callosities on all my left hand fingers (except for the thumb).
3. I play golf because of the callosities on my right hand palm.

As you can see, my hands say a lot about a me...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 5, 2012 10:24 pm  #23

brilliant pics, BBE and Sammy!
You do now how a button works, don't you? Classic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 5, 2012 10:44 pm  #24

All I can say is, if he came to my house he'd deduce I was completely obsessed with him and that I also had sufficient knowledge of the inside of his flat to be able to copy the layout to a certain degree.

He'd be able to tell by my clothes that I don't bother keeping up with the latest trends. He'd see all the various instruments and know I was a keen musician, he'd see my text books and chemistry table and know I was a bit of a science geek. He'd probably spot random hairs on my clothes that I can't even see myself and tell me that I had a dog and a cat.

Um, probably lots more, I'll have to have a think.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 7, 2012 2:47 am  #25

hmmm was  reading this today--  am feeling good enough now to post my thoughts---

if Sherlock came to my house---
1.  he'd notice from my closet that I've got hardly any work clothes--  so  He'd ddeduce I'm not working.   He'd also see that I really  don't shop that much for clothes-- all that I have,  have been there quite some time.  Not keeping up with the trends,  either. 
2.  Coffee table--  He'd see that I'm somewhat messy--but not too clutter-ish. 
3.  He'd notice from a certain collection that I have-- I am a big I love lucy fan..Lucille Ball,  Desi Arnaz,  etc. 
4.  He'd see from pictures-- I  love the renaissance/middle ages period.  I  love a knight in shining armour. 
5.  My  dvd/VHS shelf--  I  like  comedies,  love  fantasy/middle ages movies,  family movies,  and certain TV shows too--
6.  Music--He'd see I'm  mostly  country music  and  Musicals   and Christmas music fan. 
7.  He'd see that I am a big Games/jigsaw puzzles fan too. 
8.  He'd see from my rubber stamp collection, stickers,  ink pads,   and papers--  I love being creative. 

That's enough to be going on with, don't you think?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 7, 2012 2:49 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 7, 2012 12:39 pm  #26

Ok...

from the dark circles around my eyes he'd deduce that I do shift work and sometimes have problems to sleep,
from my library he'd notice that I work in the social, non-profit area and that I see myself as an "amateur psychologist",
from my short hair he'd deduce that I'm a woman that doesn't give a shit on gender-stereotypes,
but from my collection of earrings, bags and shoes he'd also deduce that I like being a woman,
from my musculature he'd see that I'm a climber,
from my DVD collection he'd notice that I have an affinity for zombies and skeletons.

I'm sure that's just a smallsmallsmall part of what he could see...
Maybe he can come around and make an extensive deduction about me 

July 7, 2012 6:34 pm  #27

sherlockskitty wrote:

hmmm was  reading this today--  am feeling good enough now to post my thoughts---

if Sherlock came to my house---
1.  he'd notice from my closet that I've got hardly any work clothes--  so  He'd ddeduce I'm not working.   He'd also see that I really  don't shop that much for clothes-- all that I have,  have been there quite some time.  Not keeping up with the trends,  either. 
2.  Coffee table--  He'd see that I'm somewhat messy--but not too clutter-ish. 
3.  He'd notice from a certain collection that I have-- I am a big I love lucy fan..Lucille Ball,  Desi Arnaz,  etc. 
4.  He'd see from pictures-- I  love the renaissance/middle ages period.  I  love a knight in shining armour. 
5.  My  dvd/VHS shelf--  I  like  comedies,  love  fantasy/middle ages movies,  family movies,  and certain TV shows too--
6.  Music--He'd see I'm  mostly  country music  and  Musicals   and Christmas music fan. 
7.  He'd see that I am a big Games/jigsaw puzzles fan too. 
8.  He'd see from my rubber stamp collection, stickers,  ink pads,   and papers--  I love being creative. 

That's enough to be going on with, don't you think?

Skitty - I have a relative
ho loves Lucy. I have given her several Lucy gifts, including a a pillowcase I made of fabric with scenes from the candy-making episode.

Maybe this should go in chit-chat.

July 7, 2012 7:57 pm  #28

With the fact I have glasses and the manner I look at something far from me, he'll know I'm nearsighted. My glasses are discolored where they touch my nose, so I raise them often and they are old, but because I have to concentrate to read something far, he'll deduce I have to change them and that my sight has lower since I bought my glasses. With my hands, he'll see that I don't work with them, but he'll remark the callow on the middle finger of my right hand, so I'm right-handed and I probably write or draw a lot. Also, some of my nails are short and irregular, so I eat them away (don't know how to say it, so it's an online translation), but some are long. He'll deduce I'm nervous, but try to stop this habit. He'll notice I wear an old watch and look at it often, then I don't use it for fashion, only for its function. My watch is also early, so I'm probably nervous of being late, but when I look at it I don't seem nervous, I seem angry. So he'll think I'm really punctual and hate when people is not. He'll remark how I carefully observe around me and watch people with a suspicious and cold look. He'll assume I don't easily trust people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

July 7, 2012 8:13 pm  #29

Milkomeda the nails thing...in English you can say 'I bite my nails' or you could use the work 'nibble' instead of bite.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 12, 2012 7:22 pm  #30

Long time no one posts here. I'm doing anyway.
From me he'd see I don't exercise, but I used to swim as a child, because my shoulders are large and I'm taller than my parents. Seeing short curly dog's hair on my clothes he'd probably deduce I got a poodle.
My eyes would tell him I don't notice what's around me, but I watch people's expressions so I'm good reading their feelings. I listen more than I talk, so I don't jugde before knowing and I'm not good in ordinary conversations.
From my bedroom he'd see it's frequently cleaned, but never organized, he'd see I'm naturally disorganized but I do take care of my stuff.
From the diversity of movies, music and books I enjoy, he'd know those are my favorite hobbies, I'm ecletic and I aprecciate local culture and hate transient songs.
From my closet he'd deduce I prefer comfort than fashion, but I like wearing acessories.
From my cellphone he could say a lot: I don't like taking pictures of myself; I love nature and animals, landscapes and traveling, there's lots of those photos.  I'm sure Sherlock would say a lot more

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

September 12, 2012 7:31 pm  #31

It's fine when new members re-discover old threads. Going on looking, I'm sure there are more nice things buried in the forum. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 20, 2012 4:28 am  #32

From my room he'd deduce that I'm organized, that I love to read, that I hate histrory and love science,.
From my kitchen he'd guess that I'm a grain-free/gluten-free and that I'm a health-freak.
From my computer he'd guess I'm a huge fan of his because of the background and the most visited sites.
From me, he'd probably somehow deduce that I've played piano for a long time.
I don't know what else he'd get.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 20, 2012 10:43 am  #33

He may make some comments about my hair: I don't dye it, it's short tho sometimes unkempt.
He'd probably say something about my clothes...or maybe my awkward fit into them!
If he heard me speak, he would probably say something about that, because I have lived so many places and have acquired many different accents, speech patterns, dialects.
He'd probably notice me obsessively checking my phone.
If he had enough time to hold/overhear a conversation he may pick up on my various ' buttons'(which I won't bore you with here).
But suffice to say he may be interested in my views on sex/sexuality!
He may observe my indifference to small talk and see me looking bored/tetchy/or daydreamy..
If he observed me walking down a  street he would certainly see me speak to every cat I see and often to myself!
If he saw me locally, he would notice every child until 12 speak to me...so he may gather I work at the local primary school!
He would certainly notice me wearing a Sherlock Holmes badge and possibly one of my 'A' badges.

Last edited by besleybean (October 20, 2012 10:44 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 20, 2012 6:30 pm  #34

besleybean wrote:

And he would not be alarmed.

Last edited by veecee (October 20, 2012 6:30 pm)

October 20, 2012 6:34 pm  #35

Indeed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 21, 2012 2:56 pm  #36

veecee wrote:

besleybean wrote:

And he would not be alarmed.

Yeah, that's what he says. He looked pretty alarmed to me when Irene showed up in nothing but her measurements. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 21, 2012 3:49 pm  #37

To be fair, I think it would have surprised anybody, but particularly Sherlock.

October 30, 2012 5:28 pm  #38

First of all, he would notice some of my guinea pigs' hairs on my clothes.
Then he would instantly notice my very bad English skills and my unconscious quoting of Sherlock things.
Well, and then he would probably also see my very light limping because of my knee injury almost one year ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-

October 30, 2012 6:55 pm  #39

Ah, good points!
Sherlock would notice my rabbit's hairs on me and also my occasional/slight limp...which is just because I do!  I gather we all have one leg shorter than the other?

October 30, 2012 7:20 pm  #40

He'd notice dog's hairs and possibly horse hairs combined with splashes of mud on me. Deduction has dogs, has horses and ends up traipsing through Thames clay/mud on a daily basis.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera