BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 14, 2012 8:44 pm  #1

Servus from Vienna

Hello everyone!
I am Violet, and I am a 25-year old science student from Vienna, Austria.
From the moment I saw Sherlock for the first time, what can I say, I was hooked and I am still completely captivated by this amazing show.
I am rather shy, so could not find the courage to properly introduce myself here, but I have been a silent reader for quite a while now.
Well,I am happy to be here!

October 14, 2012 8:46 pm  #2

Re: Servus from Vienna

Welcome Violet, glad you found the courage

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

October 14, 2012 8:49 pm  #3

Hi Violet,
good choice to join us - you won't regret it.
Have  fun! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 14, 2012 8:52 pm  #4

Salutations! This is the perfect place for a Sherlock addict.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 14, 2012 9:08 pm  #5

Great to have you with us, Violet!    I like your avatar.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 14, 2012 9:21 pm  #6

Willkommen

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 14, 2012 9:22 pm  #7

Welcome aboard, Violet! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 14, 2012 9:31 pm  #8

Welcome to the forum, Violet, nice to have you here. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 14, 2012 10:02 pm  #9

Thank you guys for welcoming me here
It's great to be among Sherlock fans, I do not know any people in my real life, who like the show.

Last edited by Violet (October 14, 2012 10:02 pm)

October 15, 2012 5:01 am  #10

Violet wrote:

It's great to be among Sherlock fans, I do not know any people in my real life, who like the show.

Neither do I, but I'm trying to rectify the situation.    Welcome!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

October 17, 2012 5:31 pm  #11

Hi Violet
Welcome aboard. I too don't have many people in real life who have watched Sherlock. There's just one who I talk about it some time but he isn't as involved as me..I am sure u'll feel very good here coz you'll find answers to all ur questions/doubts abt the show for sure..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

October 17, 2012 6:40 pm  #12

Violet, welcome! Are you named for Violet Hunter or Violet Smith in the Sherlock Holmes canon?

October 17, 2012 6:43 pm  #13

Willkommen Violet. I hope you have loads of fun he on board the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 17, 2012 6:56 pm  #14

Violet wrote:

Wait; this isn't real life?? And you, aren't you the real Violet??

Oh, my...

Anyways, welcome!

: )

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

October 17, 2012 7:37 pm  #15

I  LOVE  your  avatar,  Violet!!   Sooooo   which  Violet are you?  There are 2  Violets in ACD's canon stories--Violet Hunter, of  Copper Beeches,   and Violet Smith,  of  the Solitairy Cyclist fame.   welcome to our  group!!   Lots to do here!!  this IS real life.  or a little bit of it,  anyway.  I  too  don't have friends who are as keen as I am on Sherlock  Holmes.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (October 17, 2012 7:46 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

October 17, 2012 7:58 pm  #16

You are brilliant, you definitely know the canon!
Violet has been my internet pseudonym for 10 years, even before I read Sherlock Holmes. But it seemed so right to use it again for this forum. I was actually thinking of Violet Hunter, not Violet Smith ^^

October 17, 2012 10:50 pm  #17

Welcome, Violet Hunter, feel at home!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

October 20, 2012 3:06 pm  #18

Hallo Violet!

Bin auch aus Wien! Es gibt hier mittlerweile ja schon ein paar österreichische Forum-Mitglieder ... und es werden immer mehr  !

Nice to have you here 

October 21, 2012 2:54 pm  #19

Yay! A canon lover! Most welcome. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 30, 2012 2:08 am  #20

Hi Violet, pleasure to meet you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

Board footera