BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2012 1:19 am  #1

Sherlock on Yahoo Answers?

I was perusing Yahoo Answers the other day when I came across this question:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AootqRmVkktnled8sJS8j07sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20120210110430AAm9SUH

It looks like someone is trying to play Sherlock on YA! It's not entirely in character, and it seems to be somewhat "Americanized", if you will (as in grammar and spelling and such), but I thought it was pretty funny. :D Sherlock seems to be everywhere these days, haha!

If I see another "Sherlock" question on YA, I might have to go on there and make a fake account as John -- just so I can answer back haha. XD That would be awesome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

April 6, 2012 6:49 am  #2

Re: Sherlock on Yahoo Answers?

Hahahaha those who answer clearly don't know where it's coming from. It's VERY temped to make a JW account and respond isn't it???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 6, 2012 7:19 am  #3

That's completely awesome! I love the way people are just answering as if it's for real, yeah obviously not clued up. What other cool questions could you ask? I might start doing this...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 6, 2012 8:13 am  #4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 6, 2012 1:20 pm  #5

Oh, I didn't even think to see if the person had more questions! :O Thanks Sherlock Holmes!  :D

It really is hilarious how people just aren't getting it. Haha, somebody definitely needs to go make an account for John. XD Especially since it seems that 'SH' is still asking questions - one of them is still open. If one of you don't do it, then I might have to. It would be awesome if we could get a bunch of Sherlockians on there as Molly, Mycroft, Mrs. Hudson, Moriarty, etc. XD

Haha, I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on this account. I hope they keep at it. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

April 7, 2012 12:53 pm  #6

HAHA, I made a John profile and posted a new question:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120407055228AAkuNA8

April 7, 2012 1:04 pm  #7

Awesome! :D I'll be watching to see what the answers are haha. It would be totally amazing if 'SH' answered! XD Though that might be a bit too much to ask for I suppose. But there's always hope! ;)

DON'T PANIC

April 7, 2012 5:46 pm  #8

OMG, SH answered my question!! I'm totally amazed....how did they manage to find it amongst all the thousands of questions?!! Completely brilliant never the less. I chose his as Best Answer and gave a response...definitely gonna do another one now. Someone should do another character...

April 7, 2012 5:52 pm  #9

At least you gave full marks. That stingy Sherlock only gave me 2 points for answering his blood question, and that was for referencing the canon.

I still don't think I'm in for online role play but I am certainly having fun watching. Quite a wide spread of fans all over the net.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

April 7, 2012 6:30 pm  #10

@Sherlock Holmes, Seriously??
*checks*
Whoa, that is totally crazy! And awesome! XD The person who's doing it must be on YA all the time to have found it. :O Haha, I definitely need to get in there and do a character now. Someone easy though because I am pretty bad at roleplaying type stuff. ;P Any suggestions?

@m0r1arty, Well, considering it's *Sherlock* we're talking about... Don't take the measly two points to heart haha. ;P It really is fun to watch all these Sherlockians from all around the world interacting, isn't it? :D

Last edited by 42_and_221B (April 7, 2012 6:30 pm)

DON'T PANIC

April 7, 2012 6:34 pm  #11

@m0r1arty Well, you were kind of playing his arch enemy.

@42 You should do Mycroft!

April 7, 2012 6:49 pm  #12

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

@m0r1arty Well, you were kind of playing his arch enemy.

Haha, that too. XD

I guess I could try to do Mycroft. :D Can't promise how good it'll be, but I'm gonna go set it up now! Ahh, can't wait! XD I hope SH answers my questions too -- but we all know how he feels about his brother haha. ;P Or maybe I'll just answer his (or hers... who knows!).

DON'T PANIC

April 7, 2012 6:57 pm  #13

I've done another JW one - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120407115623AALTZyY, this is so much fun!!

April 7, 2012 7:00 pm  #14

Awesome! Can't wait to see what happens! :D

I just finished up my Mycroft account, but I'm having trouble thinking of what he would ask the people on YA. I might have to ponder that for a while. Maybe something to do with cake, hahaha. XD

DON'T PANIC

April 7, 2012 7:16 pm  #15

Goodness, that Donald chap who answered you gave a very detailed set of instructions to assist you. I'm not even level two yet so I can't rate him for his efforts...

I hope he doesn't find out that it's a prank - It's very nice of him to assist like that.

-m0r

April 7, 2012 7:21 pm  #16

"The woman" is on the game... 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 7, 2012 7:25 pm  #17

@m0r1arty : Yeah, poor guy. He probably took a lot of time to do that. Hopefully someone out there will get something out of his answer, haha.

@Irene Adler : Ahh, so that was you! I was wondering. :D This just gets better all the time, haha! XD

DON'T PANIC

April 7, 2012 7:34 pm  #18

42_and_221B wrote:

@m0r1arty : Yeah, poor guy. He probably took a lot of time to do that. Hopefully someone out there will get something out of his answer, haha.

@Irene Adler : Ahh, so that was you! I was wondering. :D This just gets better all the time, haha! XD

Yessss... that was me 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 7, 2012 7:38 pm  #19

So where are these other questions people??!?

-m0r

April 7, 2012 7:50 pm  #20

Wow, Donald's answer was awesome! Having said that...turning the password into a code would just make SH more interested in cracking it so not gonna work methinks...

The Sherlockians are taking over Yahoo Answers! We should have as much fun as we can before someone reports us for trolling and we all get our accounts blocked, lol.

Board footera