BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 16, 2012 7:10 am  #1781

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Love it! But as I said I like him even when he looks like a Sharp Pei  with multiple chins. He has a very expressive face not one dimensional like many other "actors" have.

Last edited by tiharoa (October 16, 2012 7:12 am)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

October 16, 2012 7:17 am  #1782

tiharoa wrote:

I don't really mind, after the first shocked reaction even PE looks didn't really bother me . He's quite chamaleonic.

*thud* That's really all I have to say.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 16, 2012 10:00 am  #1783

221B Baker Street wrote:

tiharoa wrote:

Ditto!

I don't know why but on this photo he looks like a ..... woman *sorry, but can't help it*

*giggle* I don't see it, but I do acknowledge the androgynous appearance of his clothing. Many women dress just like that these days. And wear their hair like that, for that matter.

October 16, 2012 10:03 am  #1784

besleybean wrote:

... I love this pic and hairdo, but he doesn't look like this now, anyway. He's not this boyish!

I disagree. I actually think this is a recent photo-- look at the crow's feet around his eyes, for instance. And the neat clothing is indicative of his latest style as well.  I don't know who posted this pic, but maybe they can tell us when it was taken?

October 16, 2012 4:59 pm  #1785

Actually, looking at the clothing you may be right....
I do not remember him having his hair like this!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 16, 2012 5:09 pm  #1786

Could have been Stuart: A life backwards

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 16, 2012 5:39 pm  #1787

Which would make it 5-6 years old at least...or if it was a premiere, 5.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 16, 2012 6:01 pm  #1788

7 years!   2005 Pioneer British Academy Television Awards.   Crow feet probably due to excessive exposure to sunlight and uncontrollable giggles

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

October 16, 2012 8:30 pm  #1789

And the last one... for me. For the night. Or for breakfast... for others.   

October 16, 2012 8:50 pm  #1790

October 16, 2012 8:51 pm  #1791

No... wait... just received another one. More likely 7 minutes old than 7 years...

Dinner with James Rhodes.

October 16, 2012 8:54 pm  #1792

Good night and thanks for the nice pics.  And thanks for the link, Besleybean, nice commentary. He and James seem to be real good buddies.

Last edited by SusiGo (October 16, 2012 8:56 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 16, 2012 8:58 pm  #1793

Nice that obviously lot of his friends do tweet. 

October 16, 2012 9:00 pm  #1794

James is really good at feeding our Benedict obsessions!

October 16, 2012 9:00 pm  #1795

Yes, that's funny. I don't mind if he doesn't tweet as long as James and Adam take care of this. 

October 16, 2012 9:02 pm  #1796

I wonder what they say at those evenings - "come on, let's send a new pic to your fangirls!" ? 

October 16, 2012 9:05 pm  #1797

Yes, I suppose so. Maybe it's Benedict's Twitter compromise and I'm happy with it. Of course I wonder if they look at our posts, too.

October 16, 2012 10:43 pm  #1798

I agree about Twitter - if he did tweet I'm sure it wouldn't be pics of himself, so I'm fine with James and Adam doing it.  And I would love to hear the conversation that goes on before they take/post the picture.  "The fangirls are restless... let's give them something new to retweet and/or post all over Tumblr/Pinterest/various message boards."  And what's up with Ben and that bridge t-shirt?!  He wears it all the time!  There's gotta be a backstory.

October 16, 2012 11:59 pm  #1799

Mattlocked wrote:

And the last one... for me. For the night. Or for breakfast... for others.   

An after-dinner treat for me, lol. *smacks lips*  Mmm, good.

October 17, 2012 2:51 am  #1800

Mattlocked wrote:

221B Baker Street wrote:

I don't know why but on this photo he looks like a ..... woman *sorry, but can't help it*

You should tell him; maybe that makes him stop thinking the Sherlock hair makes him look female. 
This is much too short anyway. To me looks too... boyish.

If I have a chance I will tell him this, no doubt  .
To me his Sherlock hair has nothing to do with female, it reminds me of cherubs  .

ancientsgate wrote:

*giggle* I don't see it, but I do acknowledge the androgynous appearance of his clothing. Many women dress just like that these days. And wear their hair like that, for that matter.

Yes, it is up to his clothing and hairdo that many women have, you are right! And on this photo he looks like wearing mascara 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

Board footera