BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 27, 2012 6:12 am  #21

Re: Role in Bond film 2014

But Pierce is Irish, so he has at least one really positive thing about him. I liked him in Mama Mia (just not his singing though! Lol).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 27, 2012 8:56 pm  #22

Awww, this would be BRILLIANT!! Love James Bond...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 7, 2012 4:36 pm  #23

Seems to be completely split opinion on this from the Festival, on whether he was joking about not being in it...BOSS?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 13, 2012 11:06 am  #24

Well, this is an interesting one, because at the festival someone asked him a question about it, and he seemed genuinely confused and surprised, and said he'd heard nothing about it.

So seemingly, it's just a rumour...

Anyway, this was an article I found about it, but it's dated before the festival, so perhaps it's pure conjecture:
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/347928/Benedict-Cumberbatch-set-to-be-next-Bond-baddie

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 13, 2012 11:37 am  #25

And it's The Daily Express!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 13, 2012 11:40 am  #26

I saw in a french article that it was a "friend" of him who said this "rumor"...I am surprised.
The journalist worked very bad. But it is not the first time that they make mistakes like this.

Last edited by Emy Klevers (October 13, 2012 11:41 am)

October 16, 2012 4:56 pm  #27

It is now listed on IMDB as Bond 24 (rumoured) (announced) which I believe means that the film is announced but the casting of Benny is still at the rumour stage. I'm not a fan of either Star Trek or James Bond but I guess I will have to drag myself along to see him on the big screen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

October 16, 2012 6:58 pm  #28

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Well, this is an interesting one, because at the festival someone asked him a question about it, and he seemed genuinely confused and surprised, and said he'd heard nothing about it.

So seemingly, it's just a rumour...

Anyway, this was an article I found about it, but it's dated before the festival, so perhaps it's pure conjecture:
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/347928/Benedict-Cumberbatch-set-to-be-next-Bond-baddie

Guess it's not happening then. Unless he's trying to fool us.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

October 16, 2012 7:05 pm  #29

If it's not this it'll be another film. On the one hand I wish him success in big films but I like his choice of unusual roles in which he can show his wonderful abilities. And I'm waiting for Hamlet, BTW. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera