BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2012 6:10 am  #61

Re: What would you say if you met your favorite Sherlock actor?

Oh KP - that sounds like a story too weird to not to be true!
In case you need someone to carry your water melon – anytime! 
I can also drop my bag in front of him and scream: "YOU'RE HIM!" – if that'll be helpful to you…

Last edited by tobeornot221b (August 4, 2012 8:31 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 4, 2012 8:26 am  #62

tobeornot221b wrote:

I can also drop my bag in front of him and scream: "YOU'RE HIM!" – if that'll be helpful to you…

I love it. The perfect line. I wonder how many times Ben has had women do exactly that. *smile*

Maybe KP should be sure to be carrying a Sharpie, so she can open her blouse and ask him to sign..... it.
Remember, there are only two types of fans: a) catch me before I kill again, and b) my bedroom is just a taxi ride away. I don't think KP is either one of those, though. ha

August 4, 2012 9:16 am  #63

KP, I hope you get to meet him and give an outstanding performance

If I had a chance like that I would surely spoil it by babbling and trembling and being extremely annoying

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

October 15, 2012 4:02 am  #64

I'd pass out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 15, 2012 4:13 am  #65

ancientsgate wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

I love it. The perfect line. I wonder how many times Ben has had women do exactly that. *smile*

Girls, you made my day 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

October 15, 2012 8:44 am  #66

Standing at 165cm, I know I will blurt if I do see BC - Boy, you ARE tall! For MF, probably - You've a BAFTA!

October 15, 2012 10:20 am  #67

Shake hands with Benedict, Martin and Gatiss.  Tell them they are doing a wonderful job, and if they even think about stopping I will hunt them down and give them the evil eye of xargega which my grandmother assures me caused the black plague in yemen!   Smile politely and run along.   Of course not, I would be a total Michael Jackson fan, faint after screaming like a little bytch!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come On Jan already!

October 15, 2012 4:02 pm  #68

I think I would just stare. Very much. Maybe it's because my English is horrible and I wouldn't want to say something unintelligible... Well, perhaps I could force myself to ask for anautograph shyly. Who knows...? But after that, I would defenitely become quite exited and after that, I would probably hate myself for saying nothing and jump from the nearest hospital. Good thing I will never meet them at all.     

Last edited by Ronny Dax (October 15, 2012 4:05 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-

October 15, 2012 4:22 pm  #69

Likewise!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 4, 2014 2:13 pm  #70

tobeornot221b wrote:

"I carried a watermelon!"

Ha ha - yeah!

I'd be really nervous, probably go red, but would soooo not want to go all fangirlie because I'm sure that embarrasses them and makes them feel uncomfortable. 

I'd probably say to Ben or Martin that they make a perfect Sherlock/Watson and are a great actor. And that I hope they continue to make the show. For years and years! Then reluctantly scuttle away, my face resembling a tomato!

February 4, 2014 2:28 pm  #71

I'm quite shy and very aware that actors must long for some privacy sometimes so I probably would say nothing at all and pretend not to recognise them:D

What I'd LIKE to say to Martin is that he starred in my favourite ever on screen love story (Tim and Dawn's story in The Office - so sweet, subtle and realistic) and I've always loved his acting.
And to Benedict - that his acting gets better and better, and I hope his hard work and talent gets him the recognition he deserves and the roles he wants - and that he's able to stay happy and grounded.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 4, 2014 3:52 pm  #72

Tinks wrote:

I'm quite shy and very aware that actors must long for some privacy sometimes so I probably would say nothing at all and pretend not to recognise them:D

Same here.. 

February 4, 2014 4:28 pm  #73

For me, it would very much depend on the setting of the meeting. If it was like randomly running into them, I would really think twice about approaching them -- for privacy reasons. I don't think I would disturb them if they were, say, having dinner with someone in a restaurant. But if I ran into them alone in a hallway to the loo or something, I might just try to get their attention and politely tell them I tremendously enjoy their work.

I've actually met a few actors up close and personal that I admire, and it's always been a really great experience. A friend of mine and I actually got to interview one of them (twice!), one of them (a German actor) I've met several times and have had a drink or two with, and another one I met in a café in Toronto and we just talked for almost two hours (Sherlock actually came up in that conversation, funnily enough). Honestly a dream come true for any fan. And I'd like to think that I've always tried not to be a stereotypical fangirl and kept the gushing to myself. But I'm telling you, getting a hug from a guy you run a fansite for is a really, really cool thing to happen!

February 4, 2014 8:34 pm  #74

I would try my best to say something that would make them laugh.

I once had the pleasure of meeting Don Henley of the Eagles at a book signing.  When my turn came I said "Could you sign it To Tonya, I never should have let you go.  I want to piss off my x-boyfriend."
He cracked up.  It was a moment I'll treasure for life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 4, 2014 9:39 pm  #75

I really don't know what I would say ... I'd be so excited that I just could say 'Hi' or something like that ... not more, I guess.

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

February 6, 2014 12:51 pm  #76

If I ever ran into Benedict I would gasp, look at his cheekbones and lips and go:

"No!" and run as fast I could. To put it short I would panic I'm sure.

What I would like to say is "Thank you for the smiles you have put on my face, You're fantastic". 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera