BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 24, 2012 11:25 pm  #1

Breaking Bad

Anyone seen it? Anyone want to see it?

Discussion, anyone?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

June 24, 2012 11:51 pm  #2

Re: Breaking Bad

I had to watch the pilot episode twice before it hooked me enough to make the decision to start watching it. I'm now half-way season 2 and I'm liking it. I like the characters, the premise, the black humor and the actors, but some episodes tend to be really slow and draggy (if that's even a word). Still, overall I like it. I like the banter between Jesse and Walter. There are other serious drama series I prefer over Breaking Bad (Dexter to name one) but unless the quality drops rapidly at some point (and from what I understand it only gets better), I'm pretty sure I'll watch it till the end.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 27, 2012 5:14 am  #3

I watched a few episodes, mainly to see the dad from Malcolm In The Middle. I found it much too bleak and depressing to enjoy, it actually affected me quite badly. And please don't say "it's only a tv show, hep", that would be like saying Sherlock is only a tv show when we know it is so much more 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 8, 2012 9:32 am  #4

Hmm, I have watched one & a half series now; I just can't get into it really.
It's ok, but constantly reminds me of an imitation of Fargo. I loved Fargo & this one has that same 'quirkiness' to it but not nearly done as well.  I certainly can't see anything 'brilliant' about it; nothing entices me.
I have given it a lot of time to 'catch' me and it just doesn't. I guess my biggest gripe against it is the 'glorifying' of the drug scene really. I have no time for shows that do this.
I can't sit through another episode hoping it 'gets' me. It can sit on the back burner and maybe if I am ever in traction, I will give it another try.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 8, 2012 10:27 am  #5

I'm half-way season 2 myself and I like it. I don't love it as many do, but I do think it's above average. I like the dark humor and the weird relationship between Jesse and Walt. From what I understand the show keeps getting better each season. I'm gonna keep watching until I get bored of it which I hope doesn't happen soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 8, 2012 10:32 am  #6

Well it couldn't get worse, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 8, 2012 11:13 am  #7

I had no idea I already commented in this thread. I made myself sound like a broken record.

September 23, 2012 4:38 am  #8

I've finished season one of this and I'm well on my way through the second. I'm sure it will clean up at the Emmys tomorrow. (Today, for you Brits in your other time zone.)

Last edited by Smoggy_London_Air (September 23, 2012 5:00 am)

I didn't know; I saw.

September 23, 2012 4:39 am  #9

kazza474 wrote:

That's what my mum says after every episode.
"I'll keep watching, it can't get worse."
(it does, of course)

I didn't know; I saw.

September 23, 2012 8:29 am  #10

Smoggy_London_Air wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

That's what my mum says after every episode.
(it does, of course)

I gave up waiting for it to get better.
But it has all the ingredients that American audiences like (that's not a nasty swipe, just a fact) so I can see why it does good there.
I read how 'beautifully written/acted' ect it apparently is, I guess beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.
If it were British or Australian, I wouldn't watch it either. We have a series here that seems to go on & on & on... Underbelly. I won't watch it either, similar reasons - its true life re-enactments about underworld crime here, drugs & killings etc. I'm not interested.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

October 14, 2012 3:02 am  #11

I watched Breaking Bad this summer and I really like it. I was doubtful with the premise, but I found it surprisingly good. I think what I like is that Walter is a real antihero, not a bad guy trying to become good, but a good guy being more and more evil. It also has a good visual, good acting and good writing and no, it doesn't glorify drugs, it would only be stupid otherwise. So, yeah, I like it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

July 16, 2013 8:25 am  #12

Smoggy_London_Air wrote:

Anyone seen it? Anyone want to see it?

One of the best show on TV right now. So sad it's come to an end this summer.

June 13, 2014 7:32 pm  #13

Reviving this thread because I've only recently finished watching the entire series. Loved it. Great show, IMO. I was rooting for Walt all the way, he was a bad ass. My mum hated him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 16, 2014 12:29 pm  #14

I've watched the first series and it is excellent. Now I just need to watch the next ones. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera