BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 13, 2012 8:28 pm  #1

The Sign of Four related picture

This is a scene I drew based on a passage from The Sign of Four, but with Sherlock and John in their BBC forms. Here's the passage I based it off of:

"Ah, that is more than I can tell. Since, however, we had already determined that Small came from the Andamans, it is not so very wonderful that this islander should be with him. No doubt we shall know all about it in time. Look here, Watson; you look regularly done. Lie down there on the sofa and see if I can put you to sleep."

He took up his violin from the corner, and as I stretched myself out he began to play some low, dreamy, melodious air - his own, no doubt, for he had a remarkable gift for improvisation. I have a vague remembrance of his gaunt limbs, his earnest face and the rise and fall of his bow. Then I seemed to be floated peacefully away upon a soft sea of sound until I found myself in dreamland, with the sweet face of Mary Morstan looking down upon me.

It was late in the afternoon before I woke, strengthened and refreshed. Sherlock Holmes still sat exactly as I had left him, save that he had laid aside his violin and was deep in a book. He looked across at me as I stirred, and his face was dark and troubled.

"You have slept soundly," he said. "I feared our talk would wake you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

October 13, 2012 8:33 pm  #2

Re: The Sign of Four related picture

And yes, that is supposed to be a larger version of the orange shock blanket. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

October 13, 2012 8:38 pm  #3

I like this, especially Sherlock's face. The wallpaper does look as if it has a lot of dead chickens on it though (joke). How long did this take you to do?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 13, 2012 8:47 pm  #4

Davina wrote:

I like this, especially Sherlock's face. The wallpaper does look as if it has a lot of dead chickens on it though (joke). How long did this take you to do?

I see what you mean about the dead chickens. I'm not as happy with the wallpaper as with the rest of it, but now I'll think of dead chickens every time I see it.

And I'm not entirely sure, I didn't do it all in one sitting. Maybe a couple of hours?

"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

Board footera