BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 12, 2012 8:04 am  #321

Re: Free Rants

Please do this.
I spent years taking time out of work and my son out of school, trailing to the orthodontist.....he just stopped the treatment once he left for uni.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 12, 2012 7:23 pm  #322

Molly Hooper wrote:

I am in so much trouble. I just got my braces off a month ago so I've been wearing plastic retainers at night. I didn't put them in last night because I was late back form some place but when I got home from guides today I found that they had been mangled by my dog. I can already feel my teeth sliding into their former position and there's no way I'm getting braces on again (NHS won't do it twice). Normally she'll just yell like a typical Mum but tonight she hasn't said anything at all, she hasn't even come to check I'm in bed (and not on my laptop!). I'm as good as dead! If I'm not on here tomorrow; call the police, OK? 

So I'm wondering, what do the dog's teeth look like now?

October 12, 2012 8:32 pm  #323

Man down! Molly hasn't appeared on here yet! Shall we send out a search party?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 13, 2012 10:15 am  #324

It's OK, I'm back, just about. The dog has chewed the second one as well but for now that remains confidential knowledge! The dogs teeth are fine (more than I can say for mine!) and we're going back to the orthodontist next week. My Mum's cooled down a bit now, as long as you don't mention braces!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

October 13, 2012 10:36 am  #325

Or retainers! Just think of the lovely smile you will have. It'll be worth all this torture and agony!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 13, 2012 2:01 pm  #326

When I just came home from supermarket I noticed a tiny black baby cat on the other side of the (quite frequented) road. I stopped and turned the car. When I got out the cat crossed the road.
Another car came nearer quite fast. I signed to him to slow down and he stopped next to me. While explaining that nothing's wrong with me - "just a little cat on the roadside" - I lost sight of the kitten, hiding somewhere in the copse.  Darn!
I went on searching for a while, also sat in the car quietly hoping the cat might show up again. A lot of cars passed me quite fast, 100 km/h (about 60 mph).
Had to give up and now I'm worried about the cat.
I'm angry and sad, too, because we and the neighbours suppose that people from time to time leave their cats in our area in order to get rid of them. Not much houses, just a bit industry around. Perfect for not being observed.
I will NEVER understand..... 

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 13, 2012 3:30 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 13, 2012 2:11 pm  #327

Well, you probably saved her life once.
I hope with you the little cat will be alright.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 13, 2012 2:54 pm  #328

I hope the little cat hasn't used up all its 9 lives.  How can people be so cruel?

(Did you mean a copse, a small groups of trees? Not a corpse, a dead body. It must be the stress).

Last edited by Davina (October 13, 2012 2:54 pm)

October 13, 2012 3:29 pm  #329

(I also wondered if your place was so remote that people also drop their unwanted corpses there, ahem...    )

Last edited by Harriet (October 13, 2012 3:29 pm)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 13, 2012 3:32 pm  #330

Ooops, yes, copse, of course.... For a short moment I was wondering because I had a slight memory that corpse might have another meaning...
Thank you for telling me. I hope it's not a bad sign for the little cat. 

October 13, 2012 3:44 pm  #331

In fact, I think it could be a good sign, as one corpse should be enough.

Poor little her, hope she will make it after your brave intervention.

October 13, 2012 3:54 pm  #332

I will go and have another look...

October 13, 2012 4:18 pm  #333

Good luck! 

October 13, 2012 5:13 pm  #334

She's still there - on the "wrong" side of the road. But still no chance for me. All these fast cars... I was afraid she might run away from me right onto the road. So I walked there very carefully. I was very near to her once, she looked at me, ducked down... and vanished again into the copse. Now find a small black cat in there.....
People must have thought I'm crazy; talking a walk at the road with a big towel and work gloves.
I'm afraid the cat waits until it's dark and will try to cross the road then. I was not allowed to help. 

October 13, 2012 6:43 pm  #335

There is a lot of injustice when it comes to how people treat animals. It makes me so angry. It's nice that you care about this little cat. Cats are such strange creatures, you may never be able to catch her. But maybe try a little bit of food? YIt may take a little while but they tend to respond favorably to that.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

October 13, 2012 7:19 pm  #336

Just checked the Twitter fake account of Moffat (followed a hint from Gatiss), good example what some guys find funny:

steven moffat†@stevenmoffat

Just gave the cat some Red Bull.

The dog was asleep downstairs, tied rope round his arms and legs, made him walk around the room like a puppet, everyone was screaming! Class

Sellotaped the cats feet together, CAN'T WAIT TILL HE WAKES UP!

It's just fantasy (I hope!), but still.... This is sick!!

And, to make sure, let me remind you again: It's from a fake account!

October 13, 2012 7:28 pm  #337

And he has hundreds of followers apparently, shame that so many people are taken in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 13, 2012 7:40 pm  #338

Let me quote:

Mark Gatiss†@Markgatiss
Whoever @stevenmoffat is, they aren't Steven Moffat. So 4000 people are following a fake!

Really unbelievable. My answer after I checked that account: Probably they can't READ!

October 13, 2012 7:42 pm  #339

I retweeted and replied, too.

October 13, 2012 7:48 pm  #340

That reminds me that I wanted to follow you. 

Board footera