BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2012 8:48 pm  #561

Re: Chit-chat

Davina wrote:

Perhaps you could fight Mr. Spock for his Missus?

That's funny, I just made a post in my blog about that episode. If my future wife would make me fight for her, she wouldn't be the future wife for long. I'm a lover not a fighter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

October 9, 2012 9:01 pm  #562

Ah ha! That might be where I got the idea from.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 11, 2012 7:10 pm  #563

Why are you even talking about proposals?

Is it just me or do children have a lot in common with drunks? 
It's just... I have to deal with kids in my school at the moment... They talk loudly and don't even seem to notice it, they forget what you just told them a moment ago and you have to talk slowly and clearly with them. And they also always change their minds.   

October 11, 2012 7:48 pm  #564

It was all due to the Hula Hoops! Snacks have that effect...apparently! 

Yes, a lot in common. I guess because alcohol suppresses inhibitions and children don't have them anyway!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 12, 2012 1:52 pm  #565

Hello everyone !  two weeks and there are holidays !! Good bye ! 

October 12, 2012 2:01 pm  #566

This is the last day of my holidays!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 13, 2012 2:58 am  #567

Not sure where to put this - but today I became a grandmother for the first time.  Here's my little granddaughter - Liana. It's been a long and exciting day!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 13, 2012 4:52 am  #568

How wonderful, KP - I'm so happy for you and your family!
Little Liana looks abolutely gorgeous.
For starting a life in warm feet I made something for her:

Last edited by tobeornot221b (October 13, 2012 5:22 am)

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 13, 2012 6:56 am  #569

KeepersPrice wrote:

Not sure where to put this - but today I became a grandmother for the first time.  Here's my little granddaughter - Liana. It's been a long and exciting day!

Oh, look how beautiful she is! Just perfect. Congrats to the happy grandma! Give that new little one a gentle squeeze for us, KP.

October 13, 2012 7:07 am  #570

KeepersPrice wrote:

Oh wow congrats KP!!!! She's beautiful!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 13, 2012 7:28 am  #571

Congratulations KP! I just wanted to ask if everything is fine when I read your post in the "obsessed"-thread. 
So I'm really happy with you and your familiy. And look, she has already warm socks! 
Your signature fits perfectly to the news and the pic by the way. 

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 13, 2012 7:30 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 13, 2012 7:30 am  #572

Congrats, KP, I'm so happy everything went well. She looks so beautiful and calm. Thanks for sharing this with us. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 13, 2012 7:44 am  #573

Ahhhh! Many, many congratulations KP she is beautiful.

Xxxxxx

October 13, 2012 8:36 am  #574

Yea, congrats and best wishes to you and all your family!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 13, 2012 10:33 am  #575

You're so lucky! She's just adorable, congratulations!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

October 13, 2012 10:35 am  #576

Congratualations, Grandma KP! Liana is lovely. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 13, 2012 11:59 am  #577

Oh wow everyone!  Thanks for the kind words.  Liana is definitely a "Keeper" .

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 13, 2012 2:18 pm  #578

KeepersPrice wrote:

Oh wow everyone!  Thanks for the kind words.  Liana is definitely a "Keeper" .

And she undoubtedly cost a big price as well, although not as big as what she'll cost her parents for the next 20ish years!  *smile*  Keeper's Price indeed!

October 13, 2012 2:24 pm  #579

The chat about KP's new granddaughter reminds me-- any Americans watching that PBS series Call the Midwife?  It's a British show, and I have really enjoyed it. I like medical stuff, I like stories about women and the days of their lives, and I enjoy period pieces, so this one does it up right for me. Set in 1958, in London's East End, apparently in the early days of the National Health Service, it follows the work of the dedicated midwives who served the women in that area-- some are Anglican nuns (did I know that Church of England has nuns? I don't think I did), some are lay people. But they're all nurses first and then have qualified as midwives. It's on on Sunday nights, ep #3 tomorrow night, first two are available to watch on PBS's website for another week or two, if anyone wanted to catch up.  Just thought I'd pass along the rec to anyone who might be interested.

October 13, 2012 2:57 pm  #580

Miranda Hart is in it. She is brilliant. Such a different character from in her sitcom Miranda (which also has John Finnemore in it from time-to-time).

Board footera