BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 23, 2012 7:20 am  #1

Inseparable (short film, 2007)

I just watched this and was very moved. Short, but an exceptional showcase for Benedict's talents:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m94y22RKqq1rpe4pjo1_500.jpg

On FB you'll find a page about it. They're trying to make it into a full-length feature film. It is also available on iTunes.

Last edited by SusiGo (August 23, 2012 7:39 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 11, 2012 3:51 am  #2

Re: Inseparable (short film, 2007)

I just found it too at
. Something different!

Last edited by The Doctor (October 11, 2012 4:26 am)

October 11, 2012 4:37 am  #3

Yeah I couldn't find it so I bought it on iTunes. It's very interesting and I would love to see it made into a full film.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 11, 2012 6:26 am  #4

It's an interesting premise. Some great acting in this...as per usual.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 11, 2012 10:28 pm  #5

Sad! But good.

One of the comments said that they met Ben and asked if he would do a feature length of this and he said he'd be glad to if they got the funding.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

October 11, 2012 10:29 pm  #6

We can hope.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 2, 2013 8:13 am  #7

Yep, I love it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 5, 2013 10:45 pm  #8

Yeah. My god. I was crying and it was only 11 mins long. Seriously, any Ben fans NEED to see this. It's just...yeah. That good. Wow. Watch it twice.

Last edited by crazybbcamerican (July 5, 2013 10:46 pm)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

July 6, 2013 8:09 pm  #9

Wait Ok...I'm kind of confused. So, he swapped places with his twin brother, fine. But, when they were talking on the phone earlier, his brother spoke differently to him, like he had more of a Cockney accent type thing whereas he was posher. But by the end, they were both speaking the same....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 6, 2013 8:10 pm  #10

And how did he manage to wear the glasses if he didn't need them? They'd hurt his eyes. And how did his wife know that it wasn't her husband? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 7, 2013 4:19 pm  #11

Plain glass and was the wife ' in on it'?

July 7, 2013 8:59 pm  #12

No, but she knew. You could see it all there in her face. Perhaps he had told her about his plans long ago? They really need to make a feature-length film of this, it's just too good. I want to see/hear more background on the brothers and where they've been (but I'm such a sucker for a backstory.)

I haven't hardly been able to get it out of my head: it would be an excellent story about family ties.

*******************************************************************************************************************

July 7, 2013 9:01 pm  #13

Couldn't agree more.

July 8, 2013 3:20 am  #14

Bloody hell that hurt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 8, 2013 12:33 pm  #15

tonnaree wrote:

Bloody hell that hurt.

Right?

July 8, 2013 12:35 pm  #16

It's a bit like with Third Star.
I know it's a sad subject.
Yet I still find it strangely reaffirming.

July 26, 2013 10:25 pm  #17

crazybbcamerican wrote:

No, but she knew. You could see it all there in her face. Perhaps he had told her about his plans long ago? They really need to make a feature-length film of this, it's just too good. I want to see/hear more background on the brothers and where they've been (but I'm such a sucker for a backstory.)

I haven't hardly been able to get it out of my head: it would be an excellent story about family ties.

tonnaree wrote:

Bloody hell that hurt.

This.  And this.  Yes.   Ow... my heart, having finally gotten around to this!!     And yet, as others said, after the blown-away feeling passes, it's super weirdly provoking and thoughtful.  The kind of thing a short film is precisely good for, even though my imagination (which always likes to muse stories and characters and backgrounds anyway) just went crazy picturing everything unmentioned and the father's sacrifice and everything that might then happen.   How in the world did they move on from that??  How would that work?
Man.... Benedict and Martin just do an amazingly expressive moment on the 'little' things they both did, haven't they!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 3, 2013 5:46 pm  #18

Ooops, I almost missed this! Found it just now by accident.
Another short one that I love. Not sure if I want it to be longer right now.......

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 3, 2013 5:48 pm  #19

I certainly do!

February 2, 2014 6:36 pm  #20

I didn't undstarnd this one.  I mean don't get me wrong, I was wonderfully done and acted as always.  But what was the point of switching with his twin if his wife knew right away?  Wasn't he trying to spare her the saddness of losing him?  And if he failed wouldn't she want to go find him and be with him for as long as he had left?  Maybe if there'd been a hair more dialogue...  

But it did get me thinking.  Benedict seems to have a real talent for playing parts where his character has sibling issues.  Sherlock, Third Star, Inseperable, The Last Enemy, Breakers.  It's startling really, becuase I can't think of that many films in general that are about sibling interactions.  Does he have any siblings in real life?

Also can anyone name a film where he does not weep?  I mean he's really good at it and all (I have no idea how actors cry on queue, I could never do it), but does he have any work that was light hearted?  My heart is starting hurt.  

Board footera