BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 11, 2012 7:17 am  #61

Re: At the cemetery, do you think Sherlock was close enough to hear John?

Don't apologise, because I'm going to say something which probably belongs elsewhere!
But seeing as I've come across this thread, I'm putting it here!
Do we think this is either a plot/gravestone that Sherlock had already bought and/or will just keep the headstone for future use?
Sorry, real anorak question...just wondering if there's actually a Holmes family tomb somewhere!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 11, 2012 7:21 am  #62

Anorak answer: if there is a family tomb why wasn't he buried in it?
Anorak question: could this be a family plot in the graveyard?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 11, 2012 7:26 am  #63

Yeah, that's kind of what I was wondering...
Well he obviously wasn't buried in the tomb, cos he ain't dead! Ha!
I'm assuming John wouldn't know about a family tomb...wonder if he clings onto the thought of there being no dates on the stone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 11, 2012 7:30 am  #64

I would have thought that if there was a family tomb then they would have had Sherlock 'buried' there. Otherwise someone, somewhere might have cottoned on that something was fishy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 11, 2012 7:41 am  #65

Huh. I just learned new Brit slang. Anorak eh? Weird one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 11, 2012 7:51 am  #66

Anorak/trainspotter/nerd  kind of.
Who else would think there was anything fishy about the lack of tomb?  Only Mycroft and he's in on it.

October 11, 2012 7:58 am  #67

@Wholocked: *LOL* me, too. I can guess what a anorak question is, but why anorak?

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 11, 2012 8:04 am  #68

Just cos nerdy types were pictured wearing anoraks...or windsheeters,as my German friend used to call them.

October 11, 2012 8:05 am  #69

HAHAHA Is that really where it originates?! That's hilarious.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 11, 2012 10:55 am  #70

Ah! But you can never trust the press! They might stumble across something. Best not to leave any loose ends. Anorak is a good one. Not sure what the Inuit would make of it!

October 11, 2012 11:58 am  #71

But(and I know we're not certain of the timeline) these are early days and I don't think anybody(other than Mycroft) will be reading any newspaper stories...well nobody...hang on a minute.  Now this is just getting silly and fanciful but just saying:  the story could be perpetuated that Sherlock wasn't buried in the family tomb, because he died in disgrace,.

October 11, 2012 8:06 pm  #72

VivaCohen wrote:

Sherlock84 wrote:

VivaCohen wrote:

"buries" him yeah lol Because its not really his body but they put a gravestone up Then they visited it. I made a funny? lol

Even Cumberbatch and Gatiss are laughing.

Whaaaaat? Sheesh lol Yeah I assume there's some ashes on some mantle or some guy's body in the ground or an empty coffin or nothing at all but they stuck a gravestone up so I assumed the scene took place pretty soon after they put it up. Why is everyone laughing at me??? *cries* same ole, same ole

They are referring to: "I think he just pushes them aside or buries them out of necessity". The fact you chose "buries them" as the metaphor for his emotions is funny when the topic is Sherlock's grave site, not you idea

At least I think I'm right on this, haha

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

October 11, 2012 8:09 pm  #73

Er, yes.

October 11, 2012 9:28 pm  #74

Sam wrote:

VivaCohen wrote:

Sherlock84 wrote:

Even Cumberbatch and Gatiss are laughing.

Whaaaaat? Sheesh lol Yeah I assume there's some ashes on some mantle or some guy's body in the ground or an empty coffin or nothing at all but they stuck a gravestone up so I assumed the scene took place pretty soon after they put it up. Why is everyone laughing at me??? *cries* same ole, same ole

They are referring to: "I think he just pushes them aside or buries them out of necessity". The fact you chose "buries them" as the metaphor for his emotions is funny when the topic is Sherlock's grave site, not you idea

At least I think I'm right on this, haha

If you're right, then that was a bit slow of me. And I think you're right I completely forgot that I posted anything at all about his emotions!

Last edited by VivaCohen (October 11, 2012 9:28 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn!" - Jack Kerouac

January 23, 2013 6:13 am  #75

Dramagod wrote:

I don't think Sherlock heard John, but I think he was able to read his body language and his facial expressions to know how his faked death had crushed him. And the look on Sherlock's face on the other hand seems to be the "I'm sorry I did this to you John, but I had no choice" -expression. It'll be interesting to see how Sherlock will drop the bomb on John next season.

It will be interesting, it'd be funny if he just walked in and said 'hi John, I'm not dead', typical Sherlock. I really hope the producers do it properly, somehow I don't think John'll faint, and then everything will be ok, instead I picture hyperventilating followed by a lot of shouting

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"

January 23, 2013 6:33 am  #76

Anyway, back to topic. I would like for Sherlock to have heard John, but I don't think he did. He wouldn't need to either, he would know how emotionally cut up John is. And as for Sherlock wearing no disguise, I agree, it was a bit of a risk, but if John just so happened to look over where Sherlock is, Sherlock could just move out of the way, and John would've just thought he imagined it. But I cannot think of a reason why Sherlock would go there in the first place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 23, 2013 11:53 am  #77

sherlockian111 wrote:

But I cannot think of a reason why Sherlock would go there in the first place.

Oh, that was for us, the TV audience, so we'd know he's still alive, and so we can buzz about it for the next two years, waiting for the answer to how he survived.  The very nature of a cliff-hanger, after all.

January 24, 2013 1:30 am  #78

yeah, I guess so. I'm just trying to be too clever, which I think is what we're all doing

January 24, 2013 6:48 am  #79

I tend to agree:  I hold out that the simplest explanantions will be the ones that hold true.

January 24, 2013 6:55 am  #80

Yeah, the simplist explanation (whatever that is) will be the correct one. 

Board footera