BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 11, 2012 4:19 pm  #1

High Ledges

I rewatched The Blind Banker last night for the first time since The Fall, and I noticed that in this episode, Sherlock stands on a lot of high ledges. Every time he went out by a ledge, staring over the edge for an extended period of time, I got really nervous and sad thinking about The Fall. I don't know if it's foreshadowing or coincidence or me just seeing things, but it just seemed odd how often he stood by a ledge during that episode. Then again, it was plot-related. I don't honestly have any point in posting this other than pointing this out and asking what you guys think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

October 11, 2012 4:35 pm  #2

Re: High Ledges

I suppose if somebody can climb up, they can just as easily jump down!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 11, 2012 4:41 pm  #3

It's funny because I noticed the same thing when watching the episode after quite some time. Maybe it's just a coincidence, I'm not sure how far they planned series 2 while filming series 1. But it is an interesting fact.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 11, 2012 4:43 pm  #4

Bearing in mind the same writer wrote both!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 11, 2012 5:33 pm  #5

Maybe it's just because he looks great on high ledges?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 11, 2012 5:40 pm  #6

I think your sentence is 3 words too long!

October 11, 2012 5:44 pm  #7

besleybean wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 11, 2012 5:49 pm  #8

besleybean wrote:

I was about to say the same. That would have been a nice crosspost.

The ledge thing ... Well, I noticed it, too, but I also think it's mainly plot related. And probably some kind of metaphor to point out how he is "above" everything and everybody else. There are similar scenes in all the episodes. And in the end, he falls ...

Last edited by QuiteExtraordinary (October 11, 2012 5:49 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 11, 2012 5:50 pm  #9

October 11, 2012 6:59 pm  #10

And you can have your coat flutter in the wind and look dramatic, he would not omit such occasion! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 11, 2012 7:37 pm  #11

Harriet wrote:

And you can have your coat flutter in the wind and look dramatic, he would not omit such occasion! 

That's true. Plus cheekbones and collar. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 11, 2012 7:42 pm  #12

... and scarf, let's not forget the scarf! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera