BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 29, 2012 6:58 pm  #1

Hello everyone!

John "F" Watson was my great-great (however many greats) grandfather that married into my family in 1632.  No idea what the "F" stands for, no idea about him at all.  I've been a Sherlock Holmes fan for years, and previously my favorite Sherlock has been Basil Rathbone.  Although I'm a fan of Masterpiece Mystery, I missed BBC Sherlock when it was first shown, and watched it on dvd.  I was hooked from the first few minutes!   Really looking foward to series 3, and some interesting deductions on this forum!

September 29, 2012 7:11 pm  #2

Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome John Watson, I hope you'll have fun with a crazy bunch of Sherlockians. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 29, 2012 7:51 pm  #3

Hi there, welcome, and great to have you around! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 30, 2012 7:03 am  #4

Welcome to forum John F Watson. Nice to meet you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 30, 2012 5:39 pm  #5

Pleasure to meet you! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

October 4, 2012 10:31 pm  #6

Welcome, John! Glad you found this Sherlock, too!
How fun to have a real JW in your family.

October 5, 2012 12:49 pm  #7

Ha! Basil is my favorite Sherlock rendition as well.  I recently watched through all of the shows, ending s2, e3 at about 4 this morning.  I stumbled upon this forum and you seem to be a fun bunch, so I thought I'd join.

Come along now, Toby!

October 11, 2012 6:03 am  #8

Hello and welcome John F Watson! 

I grew up watching Basil Rathbone as Sherlock, but I have recently discovered Jeremy Brett and like him as well.

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

October 21, 2012 2:51 pm  #9

Wow, you have a John Watson in your family, that is SUPER COOL!! *jealous*

Welcome to the forum, hope you have lots of fun here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 21, 2012 8:10 pm  #10

Welcome, John. Family history is quite fascinating, is it not?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

Board footera