BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2012 9:17 pm  #321

Re: Cabin pressure

Good idea... and we just lurk and laugh... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 10, 2012 6:20 pm  #322

Good news. So Benedict will be very busy until New Year's Eve:

http://johnfinnemore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/cabin-pressure-update.html

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 10, 2012 6:32 pm  #323

SusiGo wrote:

Very dramatic episode. But isn't this the last one, St. Petersburg? So you should be quite advanced.

You could make up a thread like CP For Beginners. 

It was the last regular one, but I also listened to the Christmas episode. Now I have to force myself to wait till November so I can listen them all with my husband in the car. (He hasn't heard all of them yet.)

Matt - Laugh at us or laugh at CP?

By the way, you know you're obsessed with Cabin Pressure when...

You play yellow car even when you're by yourself.

You actually catch yourself at work sighing and thinking, "Poor Martin!"

October 10, 2012 6:49 pm  #324

I always play Yellow Car with myself and do does my family. It seems to be contagious. And I also pity Martin although sometimes I'd like to shake him.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 10, 2012 7:09 pm  #325

veece, laugh at.... CP of course! 
I play Yellow car, too. As I'm driving alone most of the time I have to play it alone. 
Hubby still isn't used to it so well, so when he's with me he can be really surprised when I go "yellow car!" in the middle of a sentence.

October 10, 2012 7:14 pm  #326

Yes! And I know when we're listening in the car my husband won't understand when I whoop at the mention of "Davina."

October 10, 2012 7:16 pm  #327

Davina, the one who isn't evil but has an evil-sounding name. 

October 10, 2012 9:07 pm  #328

Not me! The OTHER Davina! Davina McCall!

I've subscribed to John's little letter thingy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 10, 2012 11:26 pm  #329

Davina wrote:

Not me! The OTHER Davina! Davina McCall!

I've subscribed to John's little letter thingy.

We know we can count on you to report back.

October 10, 2012 11:27 pm  #330

Mattlocked wrote:

I play Yellow car, too. As I'm driving alone most of the time I have to play it alone. 
Hubby still isn't used to it so well, so when he's with me he can be really surprised when I go "yellow car!" in the middle of a sentence.

Do you play it in English or in German? If the latter, how do you say it?

October 11, 2012 12:52 am  #331

We have a free rants thread on this forum. We should have an Arthur Shappy Happy thread, too. It's apple season here in MIchigan, and I have been tossing one from hand to hand at work, hoping someone would comment. No luck there, but it is very satisfying for it's own sake.

October 11, 2012 2:39 am  #332

Thrilled with the news that they might record this year- will keep my fingers crossed. Thank you so much for updates.

October 11, 2012 6:23 am  #333

veecee wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Do you play it in English or in German? If the latter, how do you say it?

"Gelbes Auto!" lol
Naaah, how sounds that?
It only works in English, believe me.  "Yellowcar! Yellowcar!"
I actually never ever considered to play it in German.

veece, what a great idea! Reminds me of some psychologist (do you call him so?) who tells people to write down all good things of the day when you go to bed.
People tend to remember a lot of bad things but forget all the tiny little good things that happend to them during the day, don't they?

October 11, 2012 6:41 am  #334

I must admit we even play Yellow Car in front of the telly. Yes, it's come to that. 

October 11, 2012 7:26 am  #335

I've just started an Arthur Shappey Happy thread down in Other.
I too play yellow car on my own whilst driving.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 11, 2012 9:16 pm  #336

The most amazing thing just happened to me today. I was at my book club and I was talking to this girl who likes Dr. Who and Sherlock and it turns out that she also like merlin and Hitch-hiker's. So I asked her if she'd ever listened to cabin pressure and she had! So we spent the rest of the club fan-girling at about ten times the acceptable volume for a library and quoting whole scenes from numerous episodes! Has to be my best book-club ever!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

October 11, 2012 9:27 pm  #337

There's only one word for that, Molly, and you know what it is: Brilliant!

October 12, 2012 7:49 am  #338

October 19, 2012 12:42 am  #339

Finally I started listening to the 3rd season of Cabin Pressure! 
Yesterday it was Qikiqtarjuaq. I'm so glad now I understand what is so special about the phrase 'Polar bears are... Brilliant!' 
But I can't help being sad about Martin. I know it is silly, but every time there's his monologue about being not-paid for working in MJN Air, I feel pity for him. So, listening to his complaints about the van and living in the attic, I was about to cry  . Poor Martin! In fact, he isn't the worst pilot. I think Caroline could have paid him some nominal salary at least.
Am I the only one feeling pity for Martin? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

October 19, 2012 6:04 am  #340

221B Baker Street wrote:

Finally I started listening to the 3rd season of Cabin Pressure! 
Yesterday it was Qikiqtarjuaq. I'm so glad now I understand what is so special about the phrase 'Polar bears are... Brilliant!' 
But I can't help being sad about Martin. I know it is silly, but every time there's his monologue about being not-paid for working in MJN Air, I feel pity for him. So, listening to his complaints about the van and living in the attic, I was about to cry  . Poor Martin! In fact, he isn't the worst pilot. I think Caroline could have paid him some nominal salary at least.
Am I the only one feeling pity for Martin? 

I usually listen to Cabin Pressure when I drive from Austria to Italy (my excuse being  that so many tunnels make impossible listen to the radio). Anyway, sometimes
there's a police checking point at the border, looking for people without the vignette. Last time they stopped me I was at the point when, after being humiliated by Douglas for not being paid, Martin asks a pay raise ......the policeman said to me "You're crying...." . Ha! As if I didn't know. I had tears streaming down my face and  couldn't stop, so embarassing.
I babbled something about forgetting to change the air condition filter and pollen allergies, blew my nose several times and tried not to laugh as the episode continued.
I know it's kind of ridiculous but I cry everytime, it makes me feel like patting him on the back "there....there"  and taking him out for dinner. 
And I do think they should split the paycheck, he did land Gertie with only an engine didn't he?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

Board footera