BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2012 12:49 pm  #281

Re: Free Rants

I've just taken apart my dishwasher because it didn't work properly. I think I've found the mistake, but now I've the problem to put all the pieces together again.
Maybe I'll allow me to drink a cuppa first...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 23, 2012 12:53 pm  #282

I'm in awe, Tobe. Would never dare to take apart such an appliance. I just hope there won't remain any parts after you've put it together again. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2012 1:25 pm  #283

I remember taking apart a carburettor once, many years ago with my then boyfriend. We cleaned it, put everything back and there was just one, tiny piece left over at the end. Amazing how one, tiny piece of metal can be so worrying!

On another note I'm having a generally rubbish day today. The weather is dreadful, absolutely raining cats and dogs. Plus my daughter was supposed to go to have a riding lesson from an instructor with big horse but big horse flipped her lid about back travel boots being on, so wouldn't go on our lorry (truck). Had to cancel the lesson with many apologies and now had to buy some special shaped pads for her legs which will needed to be put on with bandages next time ( a job I hate doing). So we are home now having gone nowhere but wasted loads of time. It is still pouring with rain and I'm in a foul mood! Later I have a good two hour round trip to drive taking daughter back to college. 

There,I feel a bit better for that!

Last edited by Davina (September 23, 2012 1:31 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 23, 2012 1:57 pm  #284

Tobe, that sounds like one of those silly jokes in a car garage.... Let us know how it ended. 
Davina, add some headache and you have almost my day. without daughter. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 23, 2012 2:00 pm  #285

I'm sorry to hear that, Davina. Sometimes you feel like the whole world has conspired against you. Hopefully someone will put the kettle on for you at least...

Yay - I did it!  Everything seems to be nicely in place now (ok, one of the screws was missing, but I found a similar substitute), and the dishwasher actually WORKS!  I feel nearly as proud as last year when I managed to finish reading "Ulysses".

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 23, 2012 2:03 pm  #286

Well done! Mending the dishwasher and reading Ulysees! A woman of many talents eh!

I am still waiting for someone...anyone to put the kettle on for me!! Waiting...

No...nothing happening! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 23, 2012 2:12 pm  #287

I put it on for you. Come around! And make sure that the stairs make no noise. 

September 25, 2012 8:22 pm  #288

I lent series 1 to a colleague. Now he gave it back to me, because I asked for it. He only watched episode 1, he had no time to watch 2 and 3 so far. 

I sent Cabin Pressure 1-3 to my sister. She listened to it and said it's nice. She never asked for more since then. 

September 25, 2012 9:01 pm  #289

Pah! Lightweights!

September 25, 2012 9:05 pm  #290

Germans! 

September 25, 2012 10:24 pm  #291

I'm currently lending out series 2 to my friends, and don't have it back yet, either . Oh well...I suppose I must content myself with watching ASiP again...

September 26, 2012 12:22 am  #292

Davina wrote:

Well done! Mending the dishwasher and reading Ulysees! A woman of many talents eh!

I am still waiting for someone...anyone to put the kettle on for me!! Waiting...

No...nothing happening! 

Did you try yelling for Mrs Hudson?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 3, 2012 2:45 pm  #293

The photo on my driving licence is due for renewal. So I have no choice about getting a new photo done -cost £5 and then sending off the licences. Cost of the new licence £20. This seems like a good little money spinner! Grrr!

October 7, 2012 6:17 pm  #294

I've almost ruined my dinner.
Spaghetti cooked too long, tomato-sauce burned in the pot.... because.... because.....
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=85

October 7, 2012 6:49 pm  #295

Mattlocked wrote:

I've almost ruined my dinner.
Spaghetti cooked too long, tomato-sauce burned in the pot.... because.... because.....
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=85

I think really the only thing you can do in this situation is fly to London, ring BC up and have a nice quiet dinner with him at the Tate, preferably at a window table.

Or if that doesn't suit, order a takeaway. 

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 7, 2012 7:40 pm  #296

Well, I'll give it a try.... 
At least it's his fault. Somehow.

October 7, 2012 8:33 pm  #297

Mattlocked wrote:

Well, I'll give it a try.... 
At least it's his fault. Somehow.

Absolutely. He'll have to buy dinner, no splitting the bill. 

October 8, 2012 10:45 am  #298

Yeah! No going Dutch on this one!

October 10, 2012 12:12 pm  #299

Feeling a little bit deeper rant today so if no one wants to talk about it, that's fine. I just need to, you know, rant.

The Ireland trip I'm planning in March is with a male coworker. He and I, quite frankly, used to dislike each other pretty strongly. I mean, it was rough for a while. We've gotten along pretty well in the last year or so. We hang out once in a while and have a great time. We've both said that our basic personality is similar enough that we should never have had any problem getting along. Something just doesn't feel right. I don't want to drag this post out any longer because this is not a relationship or psych forum, but I'm just sooooo ... frustrated. I really want to go to Ireland. We enjoy hanging out so a vacation should, in theory, be no problem. But I feel that, in the next 5 months, something is going to give and not for the better. I already know that most people are going to tell me to listen to my gut. But I really wanna go! And...and... I can be kind of a pessimist about certain things, so maybe it's no big deal. Maybe?

Argh.

Last edited by Banbha (October 10, 2012 12:13 pm)

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

October 10, 2012 1:00 pm  #300

Perhaps spend a bit of time doing the following:
1: what was it that originally meant the two of you disliked each other? Were there specific incidents? If so, what were they? Was it an equally mutual dislike?
2: what happened to change your relationship over the last year or so? Why have you been getting on ok now, when you didn't before?
3: how did it happen that you decided to go on the trip to Ireland with this particular guy? Did it just kind of evolve or was there a particular catalyst?
4: try and analyse what it is that doesn't feel right.
5: Has a similar thing happened before? Why are you a pessimist...is it because then you can avoid being too disappointed by things, when/if they go wrong?
6: is it absolutely necessary that he is the person you go to Ireland with? Are you worried things might go awry between you when you are there, even if nothing goes wrong beforehand? Although you really want to go to Ireland are you also a bit anxious about the trip? Have ground rules for the trip been drawn out?

I've just thrown some things out there for you to consider.

Last edited by Davina (October 10, 2012 1:01 pm)

Board footera