BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 7, 2012 12:38 pm  #21

Re: Sherlockians in Scotland.

Indeed he has. 

Did you enjoy learning about bartitsu? I'm hoping to take it up soon...I e-mailed the guy who gave the talk and he's sending me a list of places I can go and learn!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 7, 2012 12:44 pm  #22

Cool.
He and George were fabulous, weren't they?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 7, 2012 7:41 pm  #23

Ok, it's taken me the whole weekend, but I'm just about getting to grips with the forum!
So 2 final intro things about me, or from me, I guess.
1.  I hate photoshop, i.e(yes, I saw the thread!) pix making Benedict and Martin look closer than they were.
2.  I hate Mofftiss, or whatever it is.
They are 2 individually beautiful and talented people.  Can we not address them separately?

I daren't tell you anything else and I will try and keep quiet about my numerous ' buttons'!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 10, 2012 8:18 am  #24

Welcome!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come On Jan already!

October 10, 2012 8:34 am  #25

Why thank you.

October 11, 2012 1:24 am  #26

Welcome!

I get what you mean about the Moftiss thing - it's just easier to refer to them collectively as Moftiss than "Moffat & Gatiss" since we all know who they are. I think (I hope) most people only use it when they are actually talking about both of them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 11, 2012 5:39 am  #27

Welcome to the forum, besleybean! Lots of fun stuff here, so hope you have lots of fun! 

I'm curious about the origin of "besleybean", if you don't mind my asking...

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

October 11, 2012 7:19 am  #28

Very simple: childhood pet pronunciation of my real name: Beverley Jean.

October 11, 2012 8:17 pm  #29

besleybean wrote:

Very simple: childhood pet pronunciation of my real name: Beverley Jean.

Ah, I see... For some strange reason I thought it might have some connection to my other favorite actor, Sean Bean, lol 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?

October 11, 2012 8:18 pm  #30

I wish!

October 11, 2012 8:22 pm  #31

lol

Why would I do that?

October 11, 2012 8:41 pm  #32

Sharpe shooter?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 11, 2012 8:44 pm  #33

Ha!

October 12, 2012 4:46 am  #34

Davina wrote:

Sharpe shooter?

Are you referring to Sean Bean's Sharpe series? Great series, love it, have most of the episodes on dvd and also own and have read the books. 

Why would I do that?

October 12, 2012 7:27 am  #35

Yes! Agreed!

Bernard Cornwell was adopted and was brought up in Thundersley, in Essex, which is not far from where I live.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 12, 2012 7:30 am  #36

My son is a Sharpe fan!

October 12, 2012 8:12 pm  #37

Davina wrote:

Yes! Agreed!

Bernard Cornwell was adopted and was brought up in Thundersley, in Essex, which is not far from where I live.

I think he lives in US now with American wife, not sure where but I think New England somewhere.

Why would I do that?

October 12, 2012 8:19 pm  #38

besleybean wrote:

My son is a Sharpe fan!

Good for him! It's a great series, and that time period is one of my favorite historical time periods.

Jason Salkey (Rifleman Harris in the series) is one of my facebook friends, and yes, he actually does his own posting (one of the few celebrities who do)! I've purchased some of his Rifleman Harris dvd diaries and he included several cast photos which he had signed. The diaries are like a "behind the scenes" documentary that he filmed himself while the series was being filmed.

Why would I do that?

Board footera