BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 20, 2012 1:44 pm  #1

Lily hammer

I have just watched this for the very first time. I thought it might be a formulaic Scandi-crimi show, how wrong I was. I haven't laughed so much at a TV show for ages. It is made in Norway but quite a lot of it is in English and the rest is sub-titled. Really very clever and very, very funny. Pushing the guy down the ski-jump to get information was genius! If you get a chance to see this then I recommend you do so. It's brilliant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 20, 2012 6:19 pm  #2

Re: Lily hammer

Where did you find it?

September 21, 2012 1:57 am  #3

I shall have to check it out.

Speaking of made in Norway - has anyone watched Wallander? (It's made in Sweden, not Norway, just made me think of it)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 21, 2012 2:41 am  #4

Yes, watching Wallander. Love Kenneth Branaugh and like the show well enough. Pretty grim, though.
I believe you can find a thread somewhere for it.

September 21, 2012 7:27 am  #5

Love Walllander. There is a thread in this section. Lilyhammer is nothing like Wallender though. Except there is snow and the uniforms are similar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 10, 2012 7:04 am  #6

Oh...I watched last nights' episode and now I'm a bit sad. 

Last edited by Davina (October 10, 2012 7:04 am)

Board footera