BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2012 6:52 am  #21

Re: Where would Sherlock go on holiday?

As I cannot imagine Sherlock relaxing at the beach, I guess some dark, medieval place would fit. So, definitely Europe. Praha (where he - of course by pure chance - could uncover the Golemn myth), Transylvania or - as already mentioned - Rome.

We live for books. - Umberto Eco

May 19, 2012 8:31 am  #22

Where ever there's a murderer!   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 19, 2012 7:12 pm  #23

This has nothing to do with this but how do you upload a photo

I <3 Sherlock Holmes
    Twitter = @ellen_lowe

May 19, 2012 7:26 pm  #24

find one on google images, copy from http to gif/jpg or whatever then paste it in your avatar slot. can anyone explain it a bit better?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

May 19, 2012 7:37 pm  #25

I can't but I know a man who can! Lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 19, 2012 7:52 pm  #26

Who is this wonder you speak of?

August 25, 2012 9:10 am  #27

Two things:

1) Since there have been approximately 10,000 (yes, that's a 1 with 4 zeros after it!) pastiches written about Sherlock Holmes, I would be willing to bet he's been written about in every country that ever existed (and some that haven't I'm sure). H&W have even been on the Titanic for a relaxing vacation at least twice. And Isaac Asimov edited a sci-fi collection where I'm fairly certain Holmes spends at least some of the stories in outer space. 

2) After a vague sounding breakdown c.1897 Holmes was sent by his doctor (Dr Watson isn't his actual doctor) to the farthest reaches of Cornwall - hence the events of "The Devil's Foot" which is also one of my favorite stories.

---------------------
matt laffey
@always1895 on Twitter
Always1895.net
Priory Scholars of NYC
Always1895 on Twitpic

August 25, 2012 9:17 am  #28

Hey Matt, do you know of any stories where Holmes and Watson travel to Australia. I know we are mentioned in a few stories as the place people have made their fortunes, but I would love to read one where the two of them actually came here. It obviously doesn't need to be ACD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 30, 2012 1:46 pm  #29

Everyone should write a story about Holmes & Watson in their own home town. God, they'd have such a boring time if they came here. The last murder was about 15 years ago.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 30, 2012 2:10 pm  #30

Oh, that is a brilliant idea! I would love to read a story involving some of you, your home towns, and a (murder) mystery 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

August 30, 2012 2:39 pm  #31

Sadly they would have no problem finding the occasional murder in my home town. 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 30, 2012 3:10 pm  #32

Where would Sherlock go on holiday?

Somewhere in Scotland.

Wait no... In fact it's me who want to go there someday on holiday, sorry lol 

October 9, 2012 3:37 am  #33

I think Sherlock would go to either South America or India to study poison. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 9, 2012 10:20 pm  #34

hypergreenfrog wrote:

Oh, that is a brilliant idea! I would love to read a story involving some of you, your home towns, and a (murder) mystery 

That's a cool idea. We should all write a Sherlock Holmes story set in our own home town.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera