BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 7, 2012 4:12 pm  #1

Radio Times short article

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

October 7, 2012 9:29 pm  #2

Re: Radio Times short article

This article is longer and has a different content?! Are they updating their posts on RT?

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-10-07/benedict-cumberbatch-on-sherlock-co-star-martin-freeman-he-ups-my-game--he-made-me-cry

That's my favourite part:

“I couldn’t see Martin’s face [during filming] obviously,�  said Cumberbatch, “he was just a little blob on the pavement, waiting for a bigger blob to land by his feet… [but later] it was really wonderful to see what he’d done on the other end of that phone conversation - I could hear it [at the time] but to see it was really, really, really moving and, him being in shock afterwards, it’s ridiculous but it made me cry.� 

It's not ridiculous I cried so much in that scene because Martin played it so brilliantly and that despair in his voice 

Last edited by Ivy (October 8, 2012 9:04 am)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 7, 2012 11:28 pm  #3

Poor dear. Just when he seems to get the hang of interviewing, he goes all awkward again in the next one. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 7, 2012 11:31 pm  #4

Ivy wrote:

This article is longer and has a different content?! Are they updating there posts on RT?

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-10-07/benedict-cumberbatch-on-sherlock-co-star-martin-freeman-he-ups-my-game--he-made-me-cry

That's my favourite part:

“I couldn’t see Martin’s face [during filming] obviously,�  said Cumberbatch, “he was just a little blob on the pavement, waiting for a bigger blob to land by his feet… [but later] it was really wonderful to see what he’d done on the other end of that phone conversation - I could hear it [at the time] but to see it was really, really, really moving and, him being in shock afterwards, it’s ridiculous but it made me cry.� 

It's not ridiculous I cried so much in that scene because Martin played it so brilliantly and that despair in his voice 

Very sweet of BC.  Yes, Martin really was brilliant in it; you're right, his performance is what left us all half-mad over it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 8, 2012 6:20 am  #5

Absolutely, NW. If he hadn't won a BAFTA already, he'd deserve one for this scene. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 8, 2012 7:06 am  #6

The boy sure enjoys a good cry, doesn't he.  The world would be a better place if more men could cry and get the stress and anguish out of their systems before it turns toxic.

Funny that he sees himself as a Watson-like person and Martin like a Sherlock-like person. Interesting insights into their real-life personalities. And shows what great actors they both are to be so very convincing in their roles. Sigh, could I love them (him) any more? 

Last edited by hepzibah (October 8, 2012 7:07 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

Board footera