BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 20, 2012 8:09 pm  #1

Outnumbered

Funny! Funny! Funny!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 21, 2012 2:58 am  #2

Re: Outnumbered

More information, please?

And if we are on the topic of funny, funny British TV, may I suggest Posh Nosh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzjR0yL4f0Y

September 21, 2012 7:25 am  #3

Well it is about a family. Mum, dad and three children. The dad is a teacher. Oldest son is a fairly typical teenager. Middle son is...well...different. The youngest daughter is the little girl who played Princess Margaret in The King's Speech and is sometimes older than her years. It is a situation comedy but I believe a lot of it is initially improvised, especially the kids parts. I will try to post some link from YouTube for you.

Last night's episode revolved around the dad having kissed another woman at a party when drunk. The little girl gets knocked down on the way to a school concert. The middle boy is his 'normal'self and the eldest boy fancies the babysitter.

One classic part was when the eldest says he hasn't seen his mum this cross about something since she saw their house on Google Earth...and the middle son was on the roof. Another was when the middle boy exclaims, whilst they are both watching TV, 'Eurghhhh! What's that?' in a truly disgusted voice. For his brother to tell him that is is a special kind of kiss, 'A French Kiss'. To which the brother replies, 'Well I'm never going to France then!'

When I get a bit more time I'll sort out some links for you. It is very, very funny.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 7, 2012 5:07 pm  #4

Still never caught the episode with Olivia!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 7, 2012 5:38 pm  #5

Davina wrote:

Well it is about a family. Mum, dad and three children. The dad is a teacher. Oldest son is a fairly typical teenager. Middle son is...well...different. The youngest daughter is the little girl who played Princess Margaret in The King's Speech and is sometimes older than her years. It is a situation comedy but I believe a lot of it is initially improvised, especially the kids parts. I will try to post some link from YouTube for you.

Last night's episode revolved around the dad having kissed another woman at a party when drunk. The little girl gets knocked down on the way to a school concert. The middle boy is his 'normal'self and the eldest boy fancies the babysitter.

One classic part was when the eldest says he hasn't seen his mum this cross about something since she saw their house on Google Earth...and the middle son was on the roof. Another was when the middle boy exclaims, whilst they are both watching TV, 'Eurghhhh! What's that?' in a truly disgusted voice. For his brother to tell him that is is a special kind of kiss, 'A French Kiss'. To which the brother replies, 'Well I'm never going to France then!'

When I get a bit more time I'll sort out some links for you. It is very, very funny.

OK. Thanks. Reminds me a bit of Modern Family from the description.

October 7, 2012 5:57 pm  #6

I enjoy both shows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera