BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2012 11:33 pm  #1

Funniest Moment in The Reichenbach Fall

For me the funniest moment in this episode actually comes right at the end...and it made me laugh out loud...

When John and Mrs Hudson are standing at Sherlock's grave...John says he's really angry, and Mrs Hudson says "me too" then launches into this big tirade about how messy Sherlock was and how he was always leaving things lying around and she goes on and on, and John says "ok I'm not THAT angry". I just found that really funny...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 17, 2012 6:11 pm  #2

Re: Funniest Moment in The Reichenbach Fall

John: "I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking - but it's usually subtext!" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 17, 2012 6:15 pm  #3

oh sorry - wrong episode. remove it or overlook it! 

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 17, 2012 8:06 pm  #4

Well then. Here's my favourite funny Reichenbach moment:

John, looking for Mycroft in the Diogenes Club is ignored by the gentlemen present.
JOHN: No takers? Right. (He raises his voice.) Am I invisible? Can you actually see me?

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 17, 2012 9:08 pm  #5

tobeornot221b wrote:

oh sorry - wrong episode. remove it or overlook it! 

Don't worry, it's a good line anyway!

And no talking in the Diogenes Club!! 

February 17, 2012 10:41 pm  #6

I'm sorry I can't help it but I laugh so much.

When the scene opens up on the roof. That song just cracks me up whenever I hear it now.

Last edited by kazza474 (February 17, 2012 10:42 pm)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 18, 2012 2:18 am  #7

I know that's a different Ep but it cracks me up when his phone goes off at the pool side - "mind if I get that?"...off topic sorry.

February 18, 2012 7:16 am  #8

The staying alive music :D I'm not the only one with it as my ring tone

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 18, 2012 8:19 am  #9

drummerchickSH wrote:

I'm tragic, I have that AND the Irene Adler message tone.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 20, 2012 2:44 am  #10

Currently watching Reichenbach again but can only get through about 10 minutes at a time before I think of some theory, question or comment that I need to come and post on here. At the moment I'm up to the part where the kids go missing and there were two bits really close together I found rather hilarious.

Firstly when they arrive at the school and Sherlock questions the teacher in that really rough way then says "I believe you, I just needed you to speak quickly" followed by "she'll need to breathe into a bag now". John's look is priceless.

And then when they're in the room and they see the Help Us message left by the little boy. Anderson makes some snide remark that it doesn't really help them and Sherlock says, "Brilliant Anderson. Brilliant impression of an idiot." Oh right and just before that bit when he's sniffing the cricket bat and stuff, so funny, he's like a sniffer dog!

March 20, 2012 4:50 am  #11

Now that you mention the cricket bat: It always reminds me of a left behind witch's broom!

One of the funniest moments for me is when Sherlock tries "not to be myself" in order to not frighten the little girl and to do this turns his coat collar down.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 20, 2012 8:20 am  #12

tobeornot221b wrote:

One of the funniest moments for me is when Sherlock tries "not to be myself" in order to not frighten the little girl and to do this turns his coat collar down.

Yes!! I watched the episode last night and I thought about posting this too. It's so funny.
And the moment in the court when the judge asks Sherlock to not show off and then he breathes deeply to start saying something... that always makes me laugh too.

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 21, 2012 4:26 pm  #13

'Try giving smart-arse a wide berth!' always makes me laugh. That and when Lestrade says that Sherlock always makes them want to scream when they see him.

Great use of comic relief between intense scenes.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 26, 2012 7:49 am  #14

tobeornot221b wrote:

I never noticed that about the collar! lol

It always cracks me up when Sherlock is taken away by the police and the superintendent is badmouthing him to John and Sally, then they show John get a look in his eye and pull back a bit-- then it just cuts to him being arrested too lol Brilliantly done lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn!" - Jack Kerouac

September 20, 2012 3:57 pm  #15

Very briefly shown - but so funny due to the reference to ACD.
This newspaper clipping in Reichenbach:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 20, 2012 3:59 pm  #16

Yesterday I wanted to check all those newspaper articles in TRF... but I couldn't pause the film. I just couldn't. Strange...

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 20, 2012 6:15 pm  #17

I've wondered how much was really text in the articles. Everyone claims there's just enough about Sherlock in them, but Moftiss doesn't really want us to see it.

September 20, 2012 9:28 pm  #18

drummerchickSH wrote:

I have it as well. ;) My notification (text, voice mail) is Moriarty saying, "No rush."

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 21, 2012 8:53 pm  #19

I love love love "Brilliant impression of an idiot," and this one:

John: "Intelligent, fine. Let's give smart-arse a wide berth."
Sherlock: "I'll just be myself."
John: "Are you listening to me?!"

Cracks me up every time!

September 21, 2012 10:14 pm  #20

The first one reminds me of this one 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan