BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 6, 2012 10:43 am  #21

Re: Why does Soo Lin Yao live next to Lucky Cat?

OMG, you crack me up!
Here's a tip; type your responses; then backspace; then decide is it really going to change your world.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

October 6, 2012 6:27 pm  #22

Sorry, kazza.  Think I've calmed down,now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 6, 2012 7:34 pm  #23

It's a Michael Winner moment! Lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 6, 2012 7:35 pm  #24

Ha!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 8, 2014 5:38 pm  #25

"Tantalus" wrote:

Well, sorry to heap aspersions on this already-much-maligned episode, but does anyone else think it absolutely incredible that Sherlock would notice Soo Lin's flat simply because the phone book was outside the door? The open window wasn't on the street, so the resident(s) could in fact have "gone on holiday". And even if it did look suspicious to him, I just can't suspend belief sufficiently to believe that the flat was "coincidentally" rented by Soo Lin.

I thought the exact same thing. Like, would he just go around breaking in on anyone who looks like they've been away from their flat for a while?

February 8, 2014 7:57 pm  #26

I don't have a problem with that kind of coincidence, because I think they happen every single day everywhere. If you are willing to realise and admit them.

Sherlock was just waiting for some loose ends to wrap up. He was keeping his eyes open everywhere in case he would spot the one thing that could lead him further. I suppose he saw the phone book, thought: "well, an empty flat directly next to that shop, that's too good to be true" and "that would be quite a coincidence, not very likely"... but then, he is curious and thourough and maybe he thought: "it's unlikely, but who knows... better let's give it a go" and it worked out. Also suspicions can be very strong. I would think that somebody like Sherlock, despite being rational in his methods, would still always act on a suspicion instead of ignoring it.

I've experienced coincidences like this. They do happen. Coincidences make good stories. If I want to tell a good story to friends, I'll tell them about the surprising and unexpected things that happened to me. A TV show tells a story. It works for me, doesn't feel far-fetched

"It is what it is."

March 4, 2014 12:50 pm  #27

I might have misunderstood this. But didn't she tell Sherlock and John that 'they' got her a life and a job in London? I can't help but think of 'they' as someone from The Black Lotus. it would be the perfect way to still keep tabs on her; they never leave you alone you know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 15, 2016 5:49 pm  #28

Tantalus wrote:

Well, sorry to heap aspersions on this already-much-maligned episode, but does anyone else think it absolutely incredible that Sherlock would notice Soo Lin's flat simply because the phone book was outside the door? The open window wasn't on the street, so the resident(s) could in fact have "gone on holiday". And even if it did look suspicious to him, I just can't suspend belief sufficiently to believe that the flat was "coincidentally" rented by Soo Lin.

I also wondered that a simple wet phone book Sherlock caused to break into a flat particulary he didn't know until this point who Soo Lin was. Until then there were no links between the case of Soo Lin and the
incident in the Bank.
But it is also hard to believe that a guy climbed up and down 42 Levels at night to spray symbols at a wall with the knowledge of the timer from the camera. This seemed to be an Insider Job.
The guy who kills Soo lin weren't seen at the circus too. And I cant remember that general chan ever mentioned Soo Lin and her brother, she was manifestly interessed to find the hair needle. And in my opinion 9 million for a hair needle is a bit too much. It reminds me to the TRF case where Moriarty told a few gangster that sherlock had the all opening key. So here seemed nothing to be right for me too.

April 15, 2016 5:54 pm  #29

The guy who kills Soo Lin is the same guy who kills the journalist and is in Soo Lin's flat and is seen at the circus..all her brother, isn't it?

April 15, 2016 6:01 pm  #30

besleybean wrote:

The guy who kills Soo Lin is the same guy who kills the journalist and is in Soo Lin's flat and is seen at the circus..all her brother, isn't it?

I did not see him at the circus but it could be that I overlooked him. I thought the only time I saw his face was in the museum. But I have to look it again anyway, so thank you very much for the hint!

To return to the topic of the thread: Perhaps the entries in the calenders were forged to lead Sherlock to the flat of Soo lin and her Brother followed him. Therefore was her brother shortly before Sherlock in the flat, he saw the name on the nameplate and broke in to find her. So maybe the Lucky Cat wasn't a drop off point or pointed anything else except the calender entries to this conclusion?

Last edited by Danielle80 (April 17, 2016 12:49 pm)

Board footera