BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 6, 2012 11:32 am  #1301

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

It's a pleasure, NW. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 6, 2012 4:27 pm  #1302

Ahh, I haven't been posting up any pictures or making comments, but I still keep logging on to check them out (;
Monday is my rest day, so I will be scouring the internet for pictures then.  I downloaded some of the pictures onto my phone, to while away the time when I am at work.

I do love this thread; it is a real treasure trove of delicious Benedict snaps.

Lula x

October 6, 2012 6:48 pm  #1303

Quiet today. Everybody up to the neck in serious discussions while the Boss is sitting in Cheltenham and listening to Benedict talking about Sherlock as a modern Victorian? 
Well, here's a little consolation:

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 6, 2012 7:02 pm  #1304

I'm here, Susi. Just finished watching HOUNDS.
Oh - those eyes!  Bob Franklin's, of course...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 6, 2012 7:04 pm  #1305

Yes, of course. We all love Bob Franklin's eyes, they're the most beautiful eyes in Sherlock. 

October 6, 2012 7:14 pm  #1306

May I present the most beautiful sheet:

October 6, 2012 7:23 pm  #1307

Yes - beautiful! Much more beautiful than my green and blue fitted sheets... I wonder how he would look like in those!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 6, 2012 7:37 pm  #1308

And Benedict imitating a Edvard Munch painting?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 6, 2012 7:45 pm  #1309

Davina wrote:

And Benedict imitating a Edvard Munch painting?

LOL. Didn't know the Munch guy was wearing a sheet.

October 6, 2012 8:57 pm  #1310

Mattlocked wrote:

I still wonder if Sherlock's lovely words to John at the graveyard were truly meant or if they were calculated, as he did with Molly, too. He still needed John for his experiment, therefore he couldn't let him go at that time. 

Wrong thread, back to the pics... The last one is from the pilot; re-watched it last night and loved that scene!!

I think it's a way to introduce the quote ( or near-quoate) from the canon, although I don't think it's particularly manipulative in either case. He doesn't hit John up for anything right after that, does he? I think he's just expressing his suprise and delight that a little mystery was just solved.

October 6, 2012 8:58 pm  #1311

SusiGo wrote:

May I present the most beautiful sheet:

Wouldn't a "fitted" sheet be nice?

October 6, 2012 8:59 pm  #1312

Yes. Or a transparent sheet. 

October 6, 2012 9:02 pm  #1313

SusiGo wrote:

Yes. Or a transparent sheet. 

Susi, behave!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 6, 2012 9:06 pm  #1314

Sorry. I'm blushing, really. *hiding under desk*

Be warned - just started drinking Eierlikör (liqueur made of eggs).

Last edited by SusiGo (October 6, 2012 9:08 pm)

October 6, 2012 9:13 pm  #1315

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry. I'm blushing, really. *hiding under desk*

Be warned - just started drinking Eierlikör (liqueur made of eggs).

You know this joke:
On the ladies' construction site: "Damn dry air here, boss! How about a chest with Eierlikör?"

(Male construction workers prefer beer  )

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 6, 2012 9:16 pm  #1316

Just wondering if I should drink a third glass. But then I'm losing control and post things I'll regret later on. 

October 6, 2012 9:19 pm  #1317

Oh - I'd like to see you try...  *takes sip from ginger lemon tea*

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 6, 2012 9:19 pm  #1318

One from Reichenbach because I'm just rewatching it for the fifth or tenth or whatever time (I lost count) and can't believe how much I missed all the other times because I was busy crying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 6, 2012 9:20 pm  #1319

Hm, what about a bottle for 27 October? Just joking, I can't stomach alcohol well and hardly drink any. Cross my heart and hope to die. 

October 6, 2012 9:22 pm  #1320

Very nice pic, QE. Yes, one tends to forget some things when watching this episode.

Board footera