BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2012 5:13 pm  #1221

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Concentrate....... yeeees...........

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 4, 2012 5:16 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 4, 2012 7:08 pm  #1222

Oh, made a big fault and had to start again...
Now it's fine.
Maybe I shouldn't have watched Wreckers simultaneously. Quite distracting sometimes:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 4, 2012 7:59 pm  #1223

I O U a goodnight pic:

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 4, 2012 9:02 pm  #1224

tobeornot221b wrote:

But just some hands will be ok then I presume?

Hands?  He has hands in that picture? Funny, my eyes went elsewhere.

October 4, 2012 9:04 pm  #1225

Goodnight pic? Does that mean it will appear in my dreams? That would be nice.

And here's one from me:

*points at picture* Legs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 4, 2012 9:05 pm  #1226

Hands? Just my thought. But the legs aren't bad either. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 4, 2012 9:07 pm  #1227

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Goodnight pic? Does that mean it will appear in my dreams? That would be nice.

And here's one from me:

*points at picture* Legs.

Yes, legs. Looooong ones. Mmmm.
I have a hard time with that pic, though, because he looks at ease, relaxing back in his chair, while the son of a B is torturing John in the other room. Hounds had some of my fave Sherlock moments in it, and also some of the drop dead bottom of the barrel I hate that guy moments, too. And this is one of the hate scenes, sad to say.
But yeah..... legs. Looooong ones.

October 4, 2012 9:10 pm  #1228

Yes, it's hard to bear what he does to John in this scene. Definitely one of his least lovable moments.

October 4, 2012 9:48 pm  #1229

Yes, maybe, but ... there are the legs ... they're long, and they're on the table, and [insert random thoughts that replace rational thinking]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 5, 2012 1:49 am  #1230

Try to focus on the positive - this is also the episode where he tells John he's amazing and fantastic, and where he says, "I don't have friends.  I've just got one."  *heart melting*

Did y'all see his backside in the "hands" picture?  Wasn't sure if you all had noticed, but it's incredible!  *hehe*   

How about this one; cute or creepy?  (Also, what is John doing...?)

Last edited by sherlockedkt (October 5, 2012 1:49 am)

October 5, 2012 2:30 am  #1231

sherlockedkt wrote:

How about this one; cute or creepy?  (Also, what is John doing...?)

Hounds certainly had its creepy moments, big time. And sweet ones, too.
Is this after John got scared out of his shorts.... on purpose.... by his.....friend? He looks a bit fried there.

October 5, 2012 6:19 am  #1232

Don't get me wrong, I like Hounds very much just because of the various emotions that are displayed here. The fireplace scene and the cemetery scene are among my all-time favourites. 
It's great to have such opposites in one episode. And as for the legs *clearing throat* - you should know me by now. 

Time for a bit of Pilot/Jeans Batch:

Last edited by SusiGo (October 5, 2012 6:49 am)

October 5, 2012 7:42 am  #1233

I still wonder if Sherlock's lovely words to John at the graveyard were truly meant or if they were calculated, as he did with Molly, too. He still needed John for his experiment, therefore he couldn't let him go at that time. 

Wrong thread, back to the pics... The last one is from the pilot; re-watched it last night and loved that scene!!

October 5, 2012 7:48 am  #1234

His look when John doesn't react at once and keeps his distance is quite revealing. Maybe the "you're fantastic" thing is calculated, it sounds a bit exaggerated. But not the "I've just got one". No. I refuse to believe this. *resolutely crossing arms*

October 5, 2012 7:53 am  #1235

As I am an romantic idiot I refuse to believe it, too. But then again I try to be a bit careful regarding Sherlock's feelings.......  But I hope you are right. And then my brain works more rational in the morning, so ask me again tonight. 

October 5, 2012 7:58 am  #1236

We could open a separate thread for romantic idiots. Seriously, of course he's a manipulating bastard quite often, maybe most of all in the canteen scene with Molly. That's really shameless manipulation by flattery and using her feelings for him. But this scene, no. I think if he was really such a cold bastard at all times and with no exception whatsoever, nobody would like him. Which doesn't seem to be the case. It's these opposites that make part of his charm.

October 5, 2012 11:44 am  #1237

Mattlocked wrote:

As I am an romantic idiot I refuse to believe it, too. But then again I try to be a bit careful regarding Sherlock's feelings.......  But I hope you are right. And then my brain works more rational in the morning, so ask me again tonight. 

He doesn't HAVE any feelings; everyone knows that. *rolls eyes* I've heard 1001 fans say that and believe it, but I do not. We should shuffle off to the Hounds part of this forum and discuss this.

I think Sherlock is surprised by the depth of his feelings in that cemetery scene. Something clicked in him, as though a switch had been turned. He'd been such an arse to John pretty much ever since they'd arrived in that place, God knows where either of them slept the night before, and then when he saw John WALKING AWAY FROM HIM (this loyal creature who'd been trotting along in his wake for months, walking away? this would be like someone permanently losing their shadow.... if that happened, what did that mean, had the sun gone away??) I think Sherlock's supposedly uncaring heart took a leap or two and woke up. John! John? You are AMAZING! You are FANTASTIC!  And I think he meant it.

October 5, 2012 12:14 pm  #1238

ancientsgate wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

He doesn't HAVE any feelings; everyone knows that. *rolls eyes* ....

Crap, I always forget that!! lol

Yes, in general I think you are right. But still: amazing and fantastic he used to convince John. He couldn't really have exactly meant it.
A bit exaggerated, as Susi said. You can also see in John's reaction. "Yes, alright, don't overdo it."
Could be just because he is not used to giving compliments to others, though. I think maybe here we can blame his lack of sensitiveness in both directions. 

October 5, 2012 1:06 pm  #1239

SusiGo wrote:

And as for the legs *clearing throat* - you should know me by now. 

Time for a bit of Pilot/Jeans Batch:

In jeans! *gasps for air*

October 5, 2012 2:57 pm  #1240

A historic moment:

Board footera